[No title]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am thinking of starting a forum on this board for our Spanish speaking guests, is there any interest in this and do we have any regular members that could help moderate?

Thanks,

Dana

Seabronc

Reaction score
On the surface that sounds like a good idea. However, you would need a translator function in order to get the most out of it. I'm sure that most of us Anglos don't speak Spanish well enough to be of any aid to someone entering a post in other than English nor could we benifit from an response in Spanish. I believe that there are automatic translators to use on a website, but not sure how to use one. I have seen sites in Europoe where you can select the language and it will autopmatically tranlate the page you are looking at. A atranslator function would also benifit the Spanish only members to be able to read English posts.

That brings up another function that probably would be needed, a spell checker. I know I fumble finger or just plain misspell words regularly. Even after looking over a post prior to entering it, I still find fumble finger mistakes 2 seconds after hitting the "Add Reply" button :blush: . Misspelled words would probably make it a little tough for a translator.

:)>-

OP
OP
A

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been pusing IPB to add a spell checker and they said it was going to come with version 2 but obviously not. I will be looking into though though regardless.

Dana

OP
OP
A

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was only suggesting to add a small forum at the bottom for our spanish speaking guests but I guess no one is interested.

Dana

Seabronc

Reaction score
I did not say I was not interested, just that it would be hard for a Spanish only speaking member to get the maximum benifit of members who speak only english.

No offense intended, but as far as, "this is America, speak English", wake up and smell the coffee. The internet is not restricted to the US. I'm sure that there are non-english speaking people outside the US that own Broncos. I would bet a couple of people in Central and South America own Broncos. How about out French Canadian friends or our Cajun friends in Louisiana I would venture a guess that one or two of them own a Bronco :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

The reason for suggesting a translator function, automatic or manually initiated, is to cover the fact that if you do not restrict the forum to the various forms of the English lanaguage, then you need to consider other major languages as well as Spanish. That is where a translator function would come in handy. I know they exist because I have been on European sites that include such function. However, I don't have any idea what it would take to include one.

Seabronc

Reaction score
P.S. A translator would be a global choice when entering the forum by picking the language, it then would translate whatever a viewer looks at into the language picked. It wouldn't have to suport every possible language but atleast English, French, German and Spanish as they are probably the most widely spoken languages world wide.

Any way, don't trash the idea. I'm just suggesting expanding the scope a bit. You could try it as you originally suggested and see how it flies. Perhaps there are more Spanish speaking members than I suspect. It would just be neat for English only members, like myself, to benefit from the Spanish posts as well as to be able to be able to contribute to them.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I just noticed that this version of the forum already has translation capability except you only have the english module installed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Micah_86

Reaction score
WOW... Yes this is America, THE MELTING *** OF THE WORLD... If you dont know what I mean, I can explain. Our country THE GREAT ONE IT IS, has every type of ethnicity in the world. So dont knock the guys that are trying to help make our site # 1.... GREAT IDEA with the translation things.

Micah HERNANDEZ! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ranger429

Reaction score
this is america SPEAK ENGLISH and that is all I have to say on that.
Theres a moronic statement!! HELLO???? It is time to wake up!!! This is the internet, that means it is world wide and not just to the "American" computers.

TennesseeBroncBoy

Reaction score
Well, I have only one suggestion. Take a poll. See what the results are. There may not be enough Spanish (Only) speaking people that view this material. It might be more hassle than it is worth. Not saying you should not try, but if there are only a few that can get some help from someone they know. Leave it be, but if there are a lot of people, then head it up. I have spent the last 4 years out of the U.S. and have been in her borders for a total of about a month and a half. I know what it is like not to be able to understand the language. BUT, I decided to educate myself. Now I speak Japanese too. Hen ne? (Weird huh?) Not to take anyone's side, but...This is the World Wide Web as Micah pointed out, but all the places I have been overseas, (Quite a bit) I have never seen a Bronco driven by anyone other than a American. Maybe non-English speakers should attempt to learn English a little better as well. A joint effort on both fronts. BUT, I say take a poll of exactly what languages are being used. It might be more than just Spanish. Then as Seabronc was saying, "...English, French, German, and Spanish.", this might be a good approach. JUST POLL US! If it is important to people, they will reply.

silicon_bronco

Reaction score
spot on!!

Well, I have only one suggestion. Take a poll. See what the results are. There may not be enough Spanish (Only) speaking people that view this material. It might be more hassle than it is worth. Not saying you should not try, but if there are only a few that can get some help from someone they know. Leave it be, but if there are a lot of people, then head it up. I have spent the last 4 years out of the U.S. and have been in her borders for a total of about a month and a half. I know what it is like not to be able to understand the language. BUT, I decided to educate myself. Now I speak Japanese too. Hen ne? (Weird huh?) Not to take anyone's side, but...This is the World Wide Web as Micah pointed out, but all the places I have been overseas, (Quite a bit) I have never seen a Bronco driven by anyone other than a American. Maybe non-English speakers should attempt to learn English a little better as well. A joint effort on both fronts. BUT, I say take a poll of exactly what languages are being used. It might be more than just Spanish. Then as Seabronc was saying, "...English, French, German, and Spanish.", this might be a good approach. JUST POLL US! If it is important to people, they will reply.
24018[/snapback]

Seabronc

Reaction score
This is the World Wide Web as Micah pointed out, but all the places I have been overseas, (Quite a bit) I have never seen a Bronco driven by anyone other than a American.  .
24018[/snapback]

There happen to be several non-US people on this forum that drive Broncos. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Like I said before, the translation function is already included from the writers of this forum software. See bottom of page where you can select language, just need to add the various language modules. :-"

Bulldozer

Reaction score
Yup Ziggy. And that guy is wrong, all over in mexico and places like that, broncos are big becuase there big on off roading becuase of all the sand.

TennesseeBroncBoy

Reaction score
Yup Ziggy. And that guy is wrong, all over in mexico and places like that, broncos are big becuase there big on off roading becuase of all the sand.
24041[/snapback]

In my post I stated all of the places "I HAVE BEEN", I have never seen them driven. Please don't mistake that as being everywhere, world wide. I have not been "ALL OVER" in Mexico like Ziggy, only close to the border from AZ and TX. And when I say "OVERSEAS"...I mean that. OVER THE SEAS. As opposed to the contiguous 48 and our neighbors to the North and South.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke