no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZDon s

Reaction score
I have a 1990 ford BRONCO II back in agust of this year My Broncos stopped working
It would not start even with ether at first I thought it was not getting a spark I replace the coil and tested the coil wire and a spark plug I was getting spark but it still was not starting I troubleshooted the problems and replace the TFI module and I thought starter motor was legging so I replace the starter motor the battery is good but not new I don't know what the problem might be I had a mobile mechanic come out to look at it and a new problem of starter solenoid just clicking with a brand new starter motor and a 12 volt battery replace the starter solenoid still clicking what baffles me a couple times I have attempted to start the unit it started I ran it let it get hot and coming back to it after shutting it off for a little while it won't start I don't know what's going on with it now. l need help on this.?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are on your second new starter?

There are always bad battery cables/connections. Bad ground.

Are you sure the motor is not stuck? Can you turn it over by hand?

OP
OP
Z

ZDon s

Reaction score
So you are on your second new starter?

There are always bad battery cables/connections. Bad ground.

Are you sure the motor is not stuck? Can you turn it over by hand?
no first starter maybe bad ground had to take the starter out and have tested it tested good.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there just a big battery cable to the starter? If so then that means there is a starter relay on the fender somewhere.

If there is a big and a little wire going to the starter then there most likely is not a starter relay on fender.

Looking on the advance auto website they show a small square starter relay.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/w...langId=-1&searchTerm=starter relay&isFitted=1

But I would be checking make sure you can turn the engine over by hand. Should be able to grab the serpentine belt and turn it.

After trying to start it, Like turn the key and hold it in the start position for a few seconds, get out and feel along the cables, a rotten spot in the cable or a bad connection will create heat. Might help you narrow it down.

OP
OP
Z

ZDon s

Reaction score
Is there just a big battery cable to the starter? If so then that means there is a starter relay on the fender somewhere.

If there is a big and a little wire going to the starter then there most likely is not a starter relay on fender.

Looking on the advance auto website they show a small square starter relay.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/SearchResults?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&searchTerm=starter relay&isFitted=1

But I would be checking make sure you can turn the engine over by hand. Should be able to grab the serpentine belt and turn it.

After trying to start it, Like turn the key and hold it in the start position for a few seconds, get out and feel along the cables, a rotten spot in the cable or a bad connection will create heat. Might help you narrow it down.
thank you I will check in to that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke