No Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bousy1

Reaction score
I have no spark. it was running last night and this morning it wont start so i replaced the ignition module and coil. Look at the cap and rotor looks fine. Just woddering you anyone has any other ideas? Thanks

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
Ok,looks like ya already did the obvious,module,coil.Now the next thing to check for is to see if the rotor is actually turning,pull the cap off and have someone crank it over,if it doesn't turn,good theres a good chance the shear pin is broke on the distributor drive gear.Its a easy fix.Just pull the distributor out,slide the gear off,drive out the broken pin,put the gear back on,drive in a new pin and reinstall,you'll have to do bring no1 up to top dead center trick.Another thing to do if the distributor is turning,grab a hold of the rotor and try to turn it,if it turns it is the shear pin,Remember if the dist.is not turning neither is the oil pump.

Another thing to do is look for broken wires in the ignition harness,just trace the wires down between the dist/coil,and the ignition module.I've also seen bad ignition switch's give a no spark condition.

Also if the distributor shear pin is not broken and doesn't turn,your lookin at doin the timing chain and gears.

Bill

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
depending on when the last rebuild was - if it ever had a rebuild - it might have jumped timing, and would only need a replacement timing chain kit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23