New Forum Software...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are considering switching to forum software that is open source and wondered which you guys like best, those of you who frequent all the forums... Let me know the pros and cons, or if one of the things you like about this forum is the software itself.

Thanks,

Dana

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I like the new format of the forums here, not sure about the 'open source' software. We've been rockin' along really good the past few months, and haven't had the spammer problems like other forums. But if you think it's better to upgrade, I'm all for it Dana, JSM84

green meanie

Reaction score
I use SMF (Simple Machines) on one of my sites (www.harshwintersvw.com) and I like it a lot. No spammers, better security, attachment mod is built in, lots of options and skins, etc.

I used to use phpBB and all I was doing was fighting the spammers and bots all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ditto on the phpBB. I also belong to a small group that has recently started using phpBB and we get lots of spam accounts on a daily basis.

One of the things I like best about this board is the little orange boxes next to unread posts. They are still there if you log of and log back in later. On other forums, it is much more difficult (if not impossible) to tell which posts you have already read once you log off and return.

I agree with JSM84, I think the site's been chuggin along just fine. But, I'm no expert. If you think an upgrade is called for, I will still keep coming back.

Lonnie's 88custom

Reaction score
It seems to me that this software is working pretty well. I've always said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
One thing I've grown accustom to on the other forum I use is the layout of the "User Control Panel"

In this I can see all of the threads I have posted in that have new posts. They use vBulletin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke