New Bumper/license Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just installed a new Fey bumper on a 95 Bronco. I'm in the process of installing the lights for the license plate. There are two wires going to the original light from the wire harness and only one coming off the new light. The instructions show only one wire coming from the wire harness and the one coming from the new light. Fey supplied a crimper device to splice the wires together but it is only designed for these two wires. What to I do about the second wire coming from the trucks wire harness and which one do I use? Thanks for the help, I'm sure there is a simple answer to this newbie question.

Ron

Gardner, MA

G

Ford uses a two wire system one is a hot when you turn on your marker lights the other is a ground. Aparently the bumper manufacturer is depending on ground thru the attachment to the chassis. If you only hook up the hot lead and you have a good chasis ground thru the bolts, they should work when you turn on your lights.

Good Luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948