Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96BuckinBronco

Reaction score
I have a 96 Bronco with a stock V8. I want to get it lifted 6" but where do i start. Iv been looking at different lift kits and i want to know where to really start. Im open to all suggestions. Thanks

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
first off and the other guys would say this too... go with a suspention lift. i have a rough country 4" lift that i havnt put on yet but a few of my buddies run them out here and love them umm skyjacker is ok my best opinion think of what your gonna do with your rig and look for the lift that match up what you need. oh and another thing. get tires to match the lift. the look of small tires on a big lift makes me mad lol.

just my $0.02

Broncobill78

Reaction score
I have a 96 Bronco with a stock V8. I want to get it lifted 6" but where do i start. Iv been looking at different lift kits and i want to know where to really start. Im open to all suggestions. Thanks
Well, that's a pretty open-ended question. There are *all sorts* of 6" lifts out there. What you need to do is research them and decide what you want and how much you're willing to spend. You've already gotten the basic advise that *I'd* give you, namely to go w/a suspension lift rather than a body lift. A suspension lift give you increased ground clearance, increased suspension travel, greater off-road ability AND room for the tires you want. The only thing a body-lift will do is give you clearance for tires AND it'll be just as much, if not more, work to install than a suspension lift due to the need to relocate so many parts and make so many modifications (all of the shift, brake & accel linkages, fan shroud, fuel filler, electrical connections, steering linkage, bumper mounts, etc, etc). I *hate* body lifts. Some guys like them because they're cheap and if so then more power to ya, but personally I can't stand them.

Rancho is probably at the top of the heap w/a $1200 kit that will give you coils, springpacks, longer radius arms and every other bell & whistle available. I'm not saying it's in any way a bad kit, just that it's one **** of an *expensive* kit. Something like the previously mentioned Superlift kit is available for something like $00 and can be installed in an afternoon. Make no mistake the superlift is a bare-bones kit but it WILL get the truck lifted. There are several kits that bridge the difference. You need to balance you wants, needs & expectations against the depth of your pockets.

I would unquestionably go with a suspension lift, just WHICH kit you choose is a whole different matter. Personally I'm not big on the high-end kits, if you're looking for something at the *other* end of the spectrum them let me know or shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to send/post links to sub-$500 kits but go into it with your eyes open and know up-front what compromises you're making and what benefits you'll be seeing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23