Need help getting my 82 bronco running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudderman92

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 82 bronco with a 302 with 4 barrel carb. The ignition is busted out so I was planning on just doing a toggle switch with a push button start but I need help with witch wires are needed I also need help wiring up the stating and charging system. This was someone else's project and is unfinished and I'm really unsure what goes where. Any and all help would be awesome thanks guys

OP
OP
M

Mudderman92

Reaction score
I'd rather just wire in a toggle switch with a push button start..the truck has no title and all I'm going to use it for is a mud toy

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Mudder,

Welcome.

It's tough for us to know the extent of your wiring issues. Pics could help, but we don't want to advise something and not have a circuit protected with a basic fuse and cause a fire. ( been there...not good)  The PO could have cobbled up even more than what you see. Telling you to just ad a switch here or a relay there could be a disaster.

First get a manual with wiring diagrams for your year Bronc. It's a great help in following what wires you will be working with.

Once the entire scenario is known it will be fairly easy to get you the correct circuits to be safe and work correctly.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Mudderman92

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Ive decided to buy a new ignition cylinder and hoping the steering column is not to mangled from having the old on busted out, because they'res not to many of these trucks here locally that I could get parts from. As for my other issues I'm working on putting a new solenoid in and I've noticed wires just cut in a few spots and the wires from the alternator have been rubbing on something and have spots with bare wire showing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23