Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WHEELIN

Reaction score
i need a new muffler for my bronco it's a 90' 351, i was looking at a borla, flowmaster offroad muffler, twisted, or dynomax.

i want a loud aggersive sound, any suggestions?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
i need a new muffler for my bronco it's a 90' 351, i was looking at a borla, flowmaster offroad muffler, twisted, or dynomax.i want a loud aggersive sound, any suggestions?
I've been a big fan of SuperTrapps for awhile now. They install just like exhaust tips so there's rarely any clearance issues with them and as far as I know they're the *only* tunable muffler out there. You can add or subtract disks to change the tone & loudness of the exhaust. They really are pretty slick, take a look: http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections...ersal/index.asp You can get them in stainless, carbon steel, aluminum, whatever you want or can afford

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue beast

Reaction score
Be different and run cherry bombs, Don't sound like the rest of the sheeple running dnyo masters or what ever is "the cool" muffler to have!!

http://www.cherrybomb.com/products-front.asp Check out the extreme for something loud or the vortex for the deep mean sound. I am

running twin glass packs they are loud when you punch it but are deep and mellow when cruising and if you don't open it up.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Be different and run cherry bombs, Don't sound like the rest of the sheeple running dnyo masters or what ever is "the cool" muffler to have!!http://www.cherrybomb.com/products-front.asp Check out the extreme for something loud or the vortex for the deep mean sound. I am

running twin glass packs they are loud when you punch it but are deep and mellow when cruising and if you don't open it up.

Oh Lord, are we doing this again ? I just have to ask, what is the facination with these things ? Sure I've run Cherrybombs too (and ****, I've even posted about it. but not as a response to EVERY request for info) but I'm not a freaking billboard for the things. Are you getting a kickback from the glasspack lobby or something ? If you are cool, just cut me in on the deal and I'll sing their praises too. Everyone loves loud but getting stopped every other night kinda sucks the fun out of it and if you've ever *actually* run a pair then you know this. Having Joe Law Enforcement follow you everywhere is just not cool, fun or healthy for your wallet but you never seem to mention that part of it. Could we maybe take a break from the Cherrybomb cheerleading ? I've always been of the opinion that "The Cool" muffler was the one that didn't get me cited every weekend.

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
I hafta agree with BroncoBill, having a loud exhaust is nice except when the Man has pulled you over for excessive exhaust noise and then he begins to tear your truck apart looking for other rolling violations. My brother's 78 HighBoy F250 we ran straight pipes off the headers on the 460 and it sounded sweet, but between county mounties and state troopers, we were on the road side damn near every weekend with a tape measure next to everything they could think of to try and get us on. My opinion, for what it's worth, is to go with something like a FlowTech Afterburner or a FlowMaster 40 or 50 series that will hum at speed and crackle when you stand on it. Our craft is coming under more and more scutiny from the tree huggers and the lawman, why draw even more attention to it for the sake of an ego trip?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
its really loud and it makes your truck sound mean. B)
"it makes your truck sound MEAN" ??? Man I gotta hand it to ya, you *really* had me going there for a minute. I'm glad to see that someone else here has a sense of humor like mine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Talking like you were a 16yr old *kid* was a good one. Really. I'm gonna have to remember THAT one. Props to you man, you made a funny.

But hey, since we're all being amusing and $hit I'll bore everyone with yet *another* Old Fart no-exhaust related story. The first time I did the whole 460 thing I used a Lincoln 460. I got it in and (as kids like to do) just HAD to hear it. The headers hadn't showed up yet and I didn't have the patience (OR the smarts) to slap the old manifolds on so I just hopped in real quick and turned the key. I should mention here that when I did the swap I chose to just remove the nose as a clip to make access easier, but even with the nose off you can't see a whole lot of the engine from the cab. I should ALSO mention that being 18 or 19 I was being cheap and trying to save $$$ where I could so I had just cleaned up & painted the Lincoln fuel pump that was on the engine when I took it out (it had been running fine so why mess with it, right ? Typical of my thinking at the time, Spend $5K on machine-work then reuse the stock fuel pump). Anyways, I fired it up and enjoyed the deafening sound (in a closed garage no less) for a moment before shutting it down because my friends were jumping around, waving their arms & one of then had just thrown a ratchet at me. Turns out that not being familiar with the Lincoln fuel pump I had completely ignored the *return* line they use to send excess fuel back to the tank. I hadn't blocked off the line and I hadn't run it anywhere either. So, when I fired the engine I had a steady stream of gasoline shooting out of the pump while these 3ft blue flames were spitting out of the heads. For years my "friends" would point out the dent in the door from the ratchet & tell the story to anyone who would listen, had to strip & junk the truck to get them to stop.

bidibronco

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and put my foot in my mouth. I broke down and got some cherry bombs. Not what I remember them sounding like but it got my truck a little more mellow. They'll be on for a while untill I can get something more "sutable" for my ears. I just got tired of having to yell at my passenger just so they could hear me. Oh well, I'll chew for a while now.

ford_zilla

Reaction score
i have a single 3in exhuast with a medium size cherry bomb i think its 24" long and 3in in diameter =, love it, not so loud when crusing but when your on it everyone knows

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I have cherry bombs and after the annoyingly loud guts burn up you get a nice mellow sound from them and no cackle come down from wot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23