MAF sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jei Jei CR

Reaction score
Hello buddies.

Help needed.

I had been loking for the MAF sensor in my Ford Bronco II, 1988, V6, 2,9L engine, but I cannot find it. So, where is the MAF sensor? Thanks a lot eveyone...

What is this3.JPG

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Jei,

I thought MAF was placed in the BII in 89 for only Calif models?

Unless a prev. owner did a swap, then it's right after the air filter box; in air tube (engine side of air filter box)

To be sure...

Look at your Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal

E8AEAAM.gif

an example, I pulled 1st # from List; VECI Label for 88 Light truck 2.9L EFI CAL # is 8-65F-R00

On-Line for Free at Ford.

Click "Quick Guides" in left panel;

Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list."

Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker).

Calibration Parts List will show MAP or MAF in the Listing w/Ford Part Numbers

Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover.

Source: by Ford at http://www.motorcraftservice.com

----------

Do you have any Trouble Codes or CEL?

MAP has a vac line running to it and is mounted on the fire wall, prob passenger side

GL!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Prior to the use of a MAF sensor, Ford vehicles often used a Speed Density system, based only on pre-determined values based on the speed sensor data. You may find some useful info at www.fordfuelinjection.com, if not post back up and perhaps our friend Miesk5 can help out. IF you have time, check out his list of bronco links thru his signature, JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula