Looking for a front wheel bearing retaining ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfarrcr

Reaction score
I have a1996 XLT with automatic hubs and I'm looking to buy the lock ring that holds the hub body in place.
I have looked every where I can think of. Dealers, and almost every parts store on the internet. Nothing for a bronco.
Any ideas?

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Sorry …. I'm not a fan of the auto locking hubs.

good luck with your search … but if it where me I would swap out for the mile marker manual locking hubs.

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Reaction score
Ebay

If this is what you're talking about you can get it here, but I agree on converting them to the old style, that's what I ended up doing. Now I have a 95-96 hub nut socket I don't need anymore. (switching to MM hubs requires converting to the old style that uses the 4 tooth hub nut socket- same as in the video posted above.)

cpb81

Reaction score
I have a1996 XLT with automatic hubs and I'm looking to buy the lock ring that holds the hub body in place.
I have looked every where I can think of. Dealers, and almost every parts store on the internet. Nothing for a bronco.
Any ideas?
I have the same vehicle that had auto hubs----Throw them away, and get the Warn, locking hubs, and don't look back. You can travel with the hubs locked, for reasonable distance, in case of weather trouble. The auto hubs that came with my 96 would slip all the time. Go Warn!!

OP
OP
R

rfarrcr

Reaction score
Ebay

If this is what you're talking about you can get it here, but I agree on converting them to the old style, that's what I ended up doing. Now I have a 95-96 hub nut socket I don't need anymore. (switching to MM hubs requires converting to the old style that uses the 4 tooth hub nut socket- same as in the video posted above.)
That's the one. Thank you
I just may switch to manual hubs.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Any ideas?
Try TORQUE KING 4X4----E-MAIL ADDRESS,S----torqueking.com---quad4x4.com---7095 Commercial Ave., Billings ,Mont 59101-----phone number--866-251-6762-They have alot of obsolet parts for many makes. They are pretty fast with their shipping to. Good luck

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Try TORQUE KING 4X4----E-MAIL ADDRESS,S----torqueking.com---quad4x4.com---7095 Commercial Ave., Billings ,Mont 59101-----phone number--866-251-6762-They have alot of obsolet parts for many makes. They are pretty fast with their shipping to. Good luck
If you can send me the measurement of it--I might have it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have the same vehicle that had auto hubs----Throw them away, and get the Warn, locking hubs, and don't look back. You can travel with the hubs locked, for reasonable distance, in case of weather trouble. The auto hubs that came with my 96 would slip all the time. Go Warn!!
I switched out the original and put Warner in. It was easier then the originals putting back in. I have NOT had the chance to try them out yet. HOPEFULLY soon though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke