locktite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtdjl

Reaction score
did my tstat the other day found some dummy used red locktite on the bolts on my 95 5.8 engine 1came out hard the other head broke off luckily enough was sticking out that i could use my stud extractor on it after heating it with my propane torch cleaned out the bolt holes new bolts and we are in like flin so how many of you guys have had this problem ?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Steel bolts in aluminum parts always creates problems. Locktite would be way worse. Glad you got it out.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I almost never use locktite anymore. Usually use antisiize, coat the entire length of the bolt.

If you plan on keep it then it is the best option.

chrlsful

Reaction score
yup, I like the 1 w/copper in it.
EVERY time I do a few jobs I expect the worse on fasteners. Ex. manny is one of those places. Lots of tricks now, just take it in stride & move thru. Slight 'back'n forth' can help, heat, days early soak, replace removed ones to relieve pressure in the stuck, removal like replace (ie tq specs/order on head/ex), never use an "easy out", mig a head on if there's some of the stem left, etc, etc. Also there is only 2 methods to 'fix' those when 1/2 done: 1) a tap & 2) those which include a helicoil. FOLLOW the correct proceedures!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke