Little Oil Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90windsor

Reaction score
I was merging onto the highway and had pretty much full throttle so i could accelerate.

Then smoke started coming through the steering column and before i knew it there was a giant cloud of smoke behind me and i had no oil pressure.

I had to run it for about 10 seconds with no pressure until i could coast to a exit ramp in nuetral. the whole underside of the truck is covered in oil especially the firewall and headers (thank god it didnt cause a fire)

I let it cool and while waiting for the tow truck i started it for a second to make sure i didnt sieze the motor which i didnt so it thats a positive. I couldnt really get a good look at where it came from, but it didnt look like it was from the oil pan or the bottom half of the motor.(especially seeing how it has a brand new high proformance pump and pan i just put in.

to me it looked like it was coming from the right valve cover, but it could be possible that the nylon tube for my aftermarket oil pressure gauge melted or something of that sort. any ideas what it could be?

thing is it did the smoke from the steering column a few days ago and i checked everything thourogly and it was fine, so was the oil level.

and this is my second big problem with oil in this bronco, if you read my other posts from about a month ago

thanks for any help you could give 0:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we are not there to look at the engine. If you did place the line in a position that it might melt, could be that or a seriously leaking gasket on the valve cover. Now that it is cooled down, you should be able to check it out.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23