lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the green monster

Reaction score
Alright, I have a 1994 bronco xlt with ttb. i have 4 inch lift blocks in back and am getting a 3 inch body lift. but im sick of the racecar look and want to lift the front four inches too but im poor so if i buy four inch lift coil springs up front. what other stuff would i have to buy to make the lift work?

Roadkill

Reaction score
In addition to the springs, you will need axle pivot brackets with 4" drop, radius arm brackets with 4" drop, and a drop pitman arm.

White 5speed 5.0

Reaction score
^^^ And shocks. But wait, you have 4" blocks in the rear and nothing in the front???? Thats a little intense. To be honest i was looking into doing the same thing, well a custom suspension set up, but quickly found out that thats not the best option on TTB trucks. Each manufacturer of these lift kits has slightly different specifications on their lift kits, so everything probably won't work out that well. Plus, if you try and buy things seperately it winds up costing more then a straight up kit in the long run anyway. To get rid of the blocks in the rear, a decently cheap set up is using the shackle flip, which is kind of labor intensive, but honestly easy to figure out.

OP
OP
T

the green monster

Reaction score
^^^ And shocks. But wait, you have 4" blocks in the rear and nothing in the front???? Thats a little intense. To be honest i was looking into doing the same thing, well a custom suspension set up, but quickly found out that thats not the best option on TTB trucks. Each manufacturer of these lift kits has slightly different specifications on their lift kits, so everything probably won't work out that well. Plus, if you try and buy things seperately it winds up costing more then a straight up kit in the long run anyway. To get rid of the blocks in the rear, a decently cheap set up is using the shackle flip, which is kind of labor intensive, but honestly easy to figure out.
yeah, i have 4 inch lift in rear and none in front, it was cool for awhile but not so much right now. and i want it to be high but in cant afford a lift. do you have any information on how to do a shackle reversal? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yardape

Reaction score
check out sky manufacturing. They have a nice shackle flip kit for cheap

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
if you have welding abilities i can get pictures of my shackle flip that we did with the stock shackles if you'd like

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
keep in mind that when they are talking about the shackle flip that is for the REAR, they do sell levelers (like 2 inches) that im pretty sure the front springs just rest on that may be able to help you sit a little higher up front..

bronco410w

Reaction score
keep in mind that when they are talking about the shackle flip that is for the REAR, they do sell levelers (like 2 inches) that im pretty sure the front springs just rest on that may be able to help you sit a little higher up front..

daystar makes them... there around $100.00 gives yah 2 inches up front!

stusainte

Reaction score
Just a word of advice if your going to do this be carful of mismatched parts and not a mickey mouse job cheap is not allways the best way!! but most of all do it right Just my opinion good luck

OP
OP
T

the green monster

Reaction score
thanks guys. im getting those levelers, taking out the blocks and doing the shackle flip. i'll post pics when im done!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23