Leaning Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodsteal

Reaction score
This is my first post here so go easy on me. I bought my first Bronco (1970) in October and I have wanted one for about 15 years. Already I have change to an NP 435 tranny, Rino-Coated the interior, re-coverd the seats, done 90% of the body work for paint and replaced the suspention on all four corners. Here is where I am running into my problem. The rear end is one inch shorter on the drivers side than on the passengers side. I thought if I replaced the springs and bushings it would sit level but this has not been the case yet. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard said to give it a month and it should settle, but nothing yet. Is this a common problem or should I have this looked into? Thanks

Rod

Yardape

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have owned, that I actually measured has been like that. It started with my first maverick when I was 14, one side looked lower than the other so I measured it. I have measured many since then, both my Broncos included have been lower on one side.

76Explorer

Reaction score
This is my first post here so go easy on me. I bought my first Bronco (1970) in October and I have wanted one for about 15 years. Already I have change to an NP 435 tranny, Rino-Coated the interior, re-coverd the seats, done 90% of the body work for paint and replaced the suspention on all four corners. Here is where I am running into my problem. The rear end is one inch shorter on the drivers side than on the passengers side. I thought if I replaced the springs and bushings it would sit level but this has not been the case yet. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard said to give it a month and it should settle, but nothing yet. Is this a common problem or should I have this looked into? Thanks
Rod
Most "Bronco lean" problems are due to the radius arms being installed and tightened one at a time. Where did you take the mesurements from? Here are a couple links that will explain it, but I haven't heard of one leaning in the rear, and not in the front, Good luck.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/tech_faqs_bronco_lean.asp

http://www.azbronco.org/tech12.htm

OP
OP
rodsteal

rodsteal

Reaction score
It's 11:30 and my Bronco is as cloe to level as it will get. I loosened the front end and gained almost an entire inch. I think that is as close as I am going to get. I read both articles and the work went a lot faster than I thought. Anyone thinking about replacing springs or adding a lift should read those both. Thanks again.

Rod

OP
OP
rodsteal

rodsteal

Reaction score
Here you go. It took a second to figure out uploading photos but I think I got it.

Boy, she looks cute on the big screen.

DSC03377.JPG

DSC03378.JPG

DSC03379.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23