Lack of Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
ya know what im going to check the fuel filter. That might be one of the problems. the guy i bought it from said i should get some new gears. im short on time so i think i will just take it up to ford and tell them to tune the bitch up and swap out them gears. I think they could hook me up. I got it imspected today and registered. so im all set now i just need some gears.

thanks alot for all the help...

also. could iut be the torgue converter? maybe the plate does not have enough pressure? not enough friction?

BLADE262US

Reaction score
May be the fual pressure regulator its located on the back drivers side of the intake . There is a vacuum line running into the middle of it . If you have access to a fuel pressure guage hook it to the schrader valve on the fuel rail also on the drivers side of the upper intake . Once hooked up look at the reading . Then unplug the vacuum line going to the regulator and hold your thumb over the end of the hose to prevent a vacuum leak you should see the pressure go up if not something is wrong with that regulator . Pretty easy to change out . At an idle ( high vacuum ) the regulator opens to bypass more to the tank more load on the motor ( less vacuum ) more fuel pressure gets diverted to the injectors :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
Thanks for all the repies. im taking it in for a tune up tomorrow.

im going to tell them to check the following:

-fuel filter

-computer (idle adjustment)

-top off all fluids

-why am i loosing power

-replace head gastket

-

-

What else?-PM Me please! please!

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Thanks for all the repies. im taking it in for a tune up tomorrow. im going to tell them to check the following:

-fuel filter

-computer (idle adjustment)

-top off all fluids

-why am i loosing power

-replace head gastket

-

-

What else?-PM Me please! please!
Is your check engine light come on?

If so... let them know.

They should pull diagnostic trouble codes.

They'll probably charge you about $65 to do so, maybe more.

WIth what you have told us about your truck in this thread and another, I would tell them that I just got the truck and that it doesn't have any power. Eventually you plan to bring it in for re-gearing, but right now it seems that the engine is not running right. Friends have suggested:

1. to get a tune up,

2. check the fuel pressure regulator

3. check for diagnostic codes

If money is not a problem, I would also have the injectors cleaned.

Ask his opinion, and make your decision.

Christhefordlover

Reaction score
ya know what im going to check the fuel filter. That might be one of the problems. the guy i bought it from said i should get some new gears. im short on time so i think i will just take it up to ford and tell them to tune the bitch up and swap out them gears. I think they could hook me up. I got it imspected today and registered. so im all set now i just need some gears.thanks alot for all the help...

also. could iut be the torgue converter? maybe the plate does not have enough pressure? not enough friction?
keep us updated bro cause i want 2 know whats wrong with it...good luck and give me an idea of how much ford charges u cause i might do the same when i get 33's...

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
okay well it wont even start now. im ******* ******. my first ride and it wont even get me 15 miles down the road to school.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph