KOEO Nothing on Code Reader & Security Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
So I still have no fuel pump and I don’t have any testing or anything through the reader and I don’t see the security module mentioned I tried searching for it. The truck actually started for a brief couple of seconds and died again, before I dropped the tank.

Think I’m too old to go back to a vehicle I have to work on regularly as my daily

Richard

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
think you have a known good pump for now. Have you ever taken a test light and verified power to it?

I believe the ecm runs a relay, power goes from the relay through the fuel shut off, safety, inertia switch, then to pump.

The inertia switch is behind the passenger side kick panel. Has a little red button on top. They do go bad. With a test light you should see power there on both sides as soon as you turn the key on. But you gotta be fast because the ecm only runs the pump for a few seconds.

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Hoping to go down that path today, it has power or it does intermittently. I’m starting at the beginning, but I am going to try and jump the pump relay. But my code reader is getting no information from the truck. So does the security module have any part in any of these systems? I know it won’t start without it.

While the fuel pump plug has been changed to the round connector, there is sketchy wiring throughout the vehicle. But she was great for years as a daily

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Answered your other thread. that module does not belong there.

I would yank it. Pull the column apart and see if there are any factory wires cut and put them back together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke