Intro And First Call For Help>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Broncovirgin

Reaction score
First off, hello all. I'm glad to meet you and glad to see a forum like this exists. You may have guessed from my user name I'm new to Bronco ownership. In fact, I'm still in the transaction phase.

My Uncle recently passed and I'm purchasing his '69 Bronco from his estate. It's all stock, one owner, fresh 302, fresh wiring, and quite a bit of rust.

I have a lot to learn and will definitely be a drain on you folks as I pick your brain asking all sorts of questions that will probably be sort of stupid in the beginning. I promise to give back once I get educated and able to give advice that is helpful.

For my first question.... I'm considering doing a frame-off restoration. Did I mention there is a lot of rust. I'm fairly mechanically minded, built a few motors, clutches, tranny installs, etc. About the only thing I don't know how to do is weld, but imagine I could learn or outsource when needed depending on the cost of each option. Now for my question... had anybody done, assisted in, or know of someone that has done a body off restore of an EB? And even better yet, does anyone know if a restore has been documented either in print, video, etc.? All advice, suggestions, and resources will be greatly appreciated.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
WOW what a name...haha

Glad to see you joined Bronco Zone...

there are many people who can and will help you out!

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Reaction score
I seem to remember watching SPIKE TV and the show Trucks came on (I think that was the name...) The guy on there took an early bronco and restored it, dedicating it to some old racer dude... But he pretty much went through the basic frame-off restoration on TV.

OP
OP

69Broncovirgin

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw part of the show too. The guy, I foget his name now, but he has his own website. I emailed him to see about transcripts and/or video footage but haven't gotten a response. If I do, I definitely distribute to whoever is interested.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to BZ!!! The show "Trucks!TV" with host Stacy David (cool dude) did a full restification of an EB called "Project Crazy Horse" in reference to Parnelli Jones, a pioneer offroad racer a few years back. The show does not sell videos of there programs anymore like they used to, but they do run the same shows every 2-3 months. For further tech info, check with the sources he used for parts, like James Duff or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. I do remember that he replaced the whole front clip, and about the only original parts were the doors and the halfcab top. A project like that one will run you about $20K unless you do some of the work yourself, and hopefully others on this site will give you more info. I deal mainly with 80-90 model 4x4's, but the process is the same. Cut out any rust and weld in new panels where needed, or look for a fiberglass tub to start with. And take your time, I have spent 3 years working on my 84 Bronco!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23