Installing Elect Fan In 84 Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang96gts

Reaction score
I have an electric fan from my one stang, what all do I need to do to install it on the bronco??? Should I just hook it up to a switch and turn it on myself when needed??? Do I just removed the old fan and leave the stock pulley bolted on to the water pump???

Thanks,

Mike

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
You'll want a relay, and a thermostat switch for it... might even want a master switch - I would, if you ever thought you'd be in deep enough water

Why do you want the electric fan? A clutch fan should be just fine, and is more effecient than a flex fan

OP
OP
S

stang96gts

Reaction score
Everyone said an electric fan will add a few ponies over the stock fan...I have an extra one and just thought I would play some day when I got bored...

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
There are quite a few ways of mounting the fans, you'll have to place it where you want it and look for best way to mount it. Like Davis said is a way of hooking the fan up. I just run mine on toggle switch so i can turn it on when needed. But you'll have to keep a eye on your temp more so you don't over heat. Yes they do free up extra HP. You'll also have to remove the factory fan and replace fan bolts with shorter ones due to the thickness taken from removing fan. Yes you'll need to leave the pulley or you'll have no water pump unless you go to Ele. pump too.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Any idea what the cfm rating is on that fan? I've actually given thought to getting an electric, to replace my flex fan

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Davids, I have no idea what CFM the fans I use are. I just hit yards picked up a few. not sure makes they where now. But there easiest found on small cars it takes about 2 of them to fully cover the 78/79 style rad's. So far they've seemed to work well in this Texas heat. But the main idea is to cover most surrface area of the rad. as you can to allow for more cooling area covered. It's even helped from the factory fan from slingin water around under the hood and sucking up the fresh air hose cloggin the filter while in deep water offroad. I'm getting ready to pull the fan and shroud off my 78 F150 4x4 for elc's. I'll post what i pull the fans from when i do it. I do it this way since a few on the yards I go to don't charge me anything for this stuff since there usually left on the cars when crushed. I really like hitting the yards just before the crushers and get pieces from cars waitin to go. get great deals this way. last time $5 for 3 good 73-79 gauge clusters. which gave a piece of mind on my 78 F150 4x4 the 400 4spd 4.10's and 33-12.50's ain't much for MPG now with working fuel gauge no more "I hope i make it to the next pump"

gobucs1

Reaction score
You'll want a relay, and a thermostat switch for it... might even want a master switch - I would, if you ever thought you'd be in deep enough water
Why do you want the electric fan? A clutch fan should be just fine, and is more effecient than a flex fan
I agree with the relay but not the thermostat switch. You want it wired so you can turn it on and off at will. I have duel electrics and the stock one and I like turning the electrics off when going in headlight deep water. Also you only need them on when hot not all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23