Im officially frustrated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I STILL cant start my truck. Heres what ive replaced so far. Fuel pump, fuel regulator, fuel filter (6 months ago and truck sat for 4), full tank of gas. It IS getting gas, while i had the regulator off i had my sister to it to run and it squirted gas out... It cranks and occasionally sort of revs up (but doesnt sound like it has life) Im at a loss and on the verge of snapping

Yardape

Reaction score
So you havent changed the module in the dist yet? I guess thats next, LOL

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I got a new module AND Coil, any objections to this being the problem speak up. Im going to install them tomorrow if this is the the general concensous

Yardape

Reaction score
Aside from being there to trouble shoot, its the best anyone can do is shoot you some ideas. These are all just common problems I am throwing at you, there's no waqy really for any of us to give the actual problem, that needs trouble shooting. I'm just hoping you can nail it from suggestions. You can get the old coil and module tested, you dont actually have to keep buying brand new parts and installing them for every idea you know, LOL. But in another sense once its running you will know all those parts are brand new.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Did you check whether the truck is getting spark, fuel and compression? Also did you check to make sure its timed out properly and that the distributor didn't get moved?

bobstrat

Reaction score
im with yardape on this one. mine failed last friday while making a left at a light. stopped dead and would not start. hook up a timing light to the coil to distributor wire and turn her over. if the light doesnt flash theres a good chance thats what it is. in fact i think i might keep a spare in the glovebox.

Yardape

Reaction score
I never thought to use a test light for that, simple but effective

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
FOULED spark plugs from it being timed wrong (it was timed for when the fuel pump was failing) Runs like a bat out of **** now, barking tires and roaring haha on the plus side all fuel things were fixed from me shotgunning parts at it......Thanks for the help fellas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23