Idle Air Control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I had to replace my IAC on Tuesday. (guess the long warmups took their toll). After replacement, the beast idled fine and ran great for a day. Then this morning I start it and it idles fine, but afetr a short drive the idle is high (1500-2000) and won't come down.

I have no CEL as I did before replacement (code was 1507)

Do the perimeters need to be set on these like some other cars? Or did I just get a bad IAC?

any insite wil be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Well here's the update.

I checked for codes, had none. cycled the key a few times, nothing changed. I hated to do it, :angry: but I disconnected the battery. That took care of the high idle, and everything is working good. But now I have to figure out how to reset the clock in the stereo head unit, and reprogram all the stations :-&

Oh well, The Beast is cured....life is good!

Krafty

Reaction score
thats good to hear. at least you have all your favorite stations, my favorite station in the area got shut down, so now I just listen to my cd's.

Goorange

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I thought it was the IAC but turns out it was the TPS and it is the second F150 I have owned that I had to do this with

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj