I cant find it on here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco_Willis

Reaction score
I have searched and searched this forum over and over and probably ran over the problem. So if anybody knows the thread then please point me in the right direction.

My problem is this...I have an 87 bronco and my rear window doesnt work. two days ago it would drop the window three inches and thats it. Now it just completely doesnt work at all. I pulled the motor, plugged it back in and it doesnt work. The key switch is disconnected from the key port itself so I was manual pushing the switch. Could this be a bad motor, switch or a wire?

Again if you know the thread that talks about this problem just point me in that direction if you dont wanna waste your time on me

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I have searched and searched this forum over and over and probably ran over the problem. So if anybody knows the thread then please point me in the right direction.
My problem is this...I have an 87 bronco and my rear window doesnt work. two days ago it would drop the window three inches and thats it. Now it just completely doesnt work at all. I pulled the motor, plugged it back in and it doesnt work. The key switch is disconnected from the key port itself so I was manual pushing the switch. Could this be a bad motor, switch or a wire?

Again if you know the thread that talks about this problem just point me in that direction if you dont wanna waste your time on me

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Hey... Welcome to broncozone.

the front dash switch only works when the ignition key is in the accessory, or on position, and it is on one fuse.

The rear key switch is on an always hot circuit and is on a different fuse. For the rear key to work, the dash switch must be in the nutral position. (I think it gets it ground from there)

Within both circuits to the motor, there is a safety latch switch in the left tailgate latch. That is often a problem. Try pushing the tailgate in while operating the tailgate switch.

You may try to bring power directly from the battery to the motor to test it.

I'll look for some threads for you.

joe

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
wiring diagram

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=76186

Diagram for front dash switch

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=71393

ENtertaining thread on how to get front switch out

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=73726

I fairly concise thread.

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=72599

Searching is a lot easier after one has participated in enough threads.

Good luck,

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

joe

BroncoJeff

fLoWmAsTeRs=RuMbLe
Reaction score

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hey, If it ends up being a bad motor, let me know, I may have one for sale :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

J. Hartle

Shadow_D

Reaction score
These motor will work WITHOUT any load on them... I.E. They will work fine out of the truck because they aren't trying to move the window. The correct way to test the motor is to LEAVE it in the truck (mounted in place) and use wires you run from the battery to the back of the truck. All you need to do is unhook the wires to the motor and touch the wires you ran from the battery to the motor connections. If nothing happens first time you will need to switch the wires...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23