Hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrown198

Reaction score
The automatic hubs on my 96 need to be replaced... I would like to replace them with manual ones. Any suggestions?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ditto on the Warns and you also need a conversion kit to go with it see Jeffs Bronco Graveyard catalog for 80 and up pg 29 :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Good luck,

:)>-

Windchaser

Reaction score
Just a quick question here, why go with manual hubs? I was just wondering, I am still learning a lot as I go with my Bronx. I know I will have to when I replace my C6 with an E4OD.

dblue351

Reaction score
I have had bad experiences with the autos back in the day. They use to enguage by them selves on the freeway and send me a couple lanes over. and they are pretty weak.

Windchaser

Reaction score
yeah I had that problem a couple of years ago, was travelling 70 down the highway and BOOM @-) thought I left my tranny at mile marker 141. Maybe I should invest in them sooner...hmmm.

texastrucker

Reaction score
bought mine at 4 wheel parts in austin. 119 including tax, conversion kit and everything... the advantage to buying from a company and not on ebay is you feel good knowing you have the legit lifetime warranty. :D/ :D/

Turner

:)>-

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Im planning on getting some when the ones i have go out..because it seems like they do on a lot of broncs

cryptonik420

[SoP]BigSix4.9L
Reaction score
Auto hubs are JUNK! I can't stress that enough. Warn Premiums are a good way to go. There are other options out there though - Mile Marker and Superlift (think that's the brand).

GTFord

Reaction score
I'm going to go away from the Warns. I've had them in my 88' and I've had them go out twice. I've since replaced them with Mile Markers which have worked great and have not went out like the Warns. My MM hubs ran about 60$ and their lifetime warranty actually is LIFETIME. My friends MM's went out after a bad snow.. he'd had them for 3-4 years??.. and he sent them his old ones and they sent him new ones..

Windchaser

Reaction score
Had to post the stupid query (check me out...I sound learned) of the day...you know me. Okay, I cannot have push button 4x4 and manual hubs can I? I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but I just have to ask...maybe its the new meds that I am on. :blush: :blush: :wacko: :-B

Streetgang44

Reaction score
Quick question RE: the Warn Premium hubs. I have a 93 with the 5 torx fasteners on the auto hub cover......I was told that with this set up I do not need the conversion kit. I have seen quite a few write ups with pics on the superford site, and never seen anyone with the 5 torx set up use the conversion kit.......So whats the deal?

Streetgang44

Reaction score
Had to post the stupid query (check me out...I sound learned) of the day...you know me. Okay, I cannot have push button 4x4 and manual hubs can I? I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but I just have to ask...maybe its the new meds that I am on. :blush: :blush: :wacko: :-B
Yes.....you can swap out the auto hubs for a set of the (much more reliable, but less convenient) manual locking hubs. I bought a set of Warn Premiums that worked very well on my F250 plow truck, and the F250 is a 98 w/electric shifting T-case...."push button 4WD"

tagto138

Reaction score
i agree with steve. on the 5 torx style hubs no kit is needed. and as for convience

if you are going somewhere you may need 4 wheel drive just lock them prior. i wouldn't reccommend long road driving like that but of road at slower speeds won't affect the hubs too much.

tagto138

Reaction score
i agree with steve. on the 5 torx style hubs no kit is needed. and as for convience

if you are going somewhere you may need 4 wheel drive just lock them prior. i wouldn't reccommend long road driving like that but of road at slower speeds won't affect the hubs too much.

Iamnottelling

Reaction score
Quick question RE: the Warn Premium hubs. I have a 93 with the 5 torx fasteners on the auto hub cover......I was told that with this set up I do not need the conversion kit. I have seen quite a few write ups with pics on the superford site, and never seen anyone with the 5 torx set up use the conversion kit.......So whats the deal?
I just put Warn Premium Hubs on my 93 bronco that had the 5 ***** automatic hubs. They do not need a conversion kit. It is not to bad of a swap but once you do the first one the second one will be a snap. Remember that the only things that have to be removed to get them out are the 5 screws on the cap, the ring on the outside of the auto hubs (push together and pull out hub, and the C clip on the spline shaft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23