How to replace your leaky valve stem without removing your tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Great Trail Tip !!

How To Replace A Tire Valve Stem Without Removing The tire
Pretty neat Bronco,but I,m like you about the weak too. Good video. I have to replace one before long. I,ll jack the bronco up. Get the tire off the ground and break the seal. Push the tire back enough to get,but a person could get a funnel . Cut the end off and tap the valve in like you showed. Good idea. Thanks.Take care and be careful. Now -a question. i NOTICED the 78,s--not had any experience with the others. When I,d jack it up . On level ground. It has a tendence to always go to leaning with a bumper jack. About the safest way to jack it up is a bigger safety jack under the pumkin. If you are on level ground and if you can lug a bug jack around. These little floor jack want to twist also. Take care.

OP
OP
Broncosandpartsgarage

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score
Pretty neat Bronco,but I,m like you about the weak too. Good video. I have to replace one before long. I,ll jack the bronco up. Get the tire off the ground and break the seal. Push the tire back enough to get,but a person could get a funnel . Cut the end off and tap the valve in like you showed. Good idea. Thanks.Take care and be careful. Now -a question. i NOTICED the 78,s--not had any experience with the others. When I,d jack it up . On level ground. It has a tendence to always go to leaning with a bumper jack. About the safest way to jack it up is a bigger safety jack under the pumkin. If you are on level ground and if you can lug a bug jack around. These little floor jack want to twist also. Take care.
I made a video about breaking a bead loose as well.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats neat. Never been in a situation where I had to change the stem myself (I always get new ones when new tires go on the rim) but its nice to see how easy it is to do with the right tool.

OP
OP
Broncosandpartsgarage

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score
I’ve only had one leaky valve stem and it was on a trailer tire. I wish I had it the tool then Because I was traveling And far from any tire shops

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo