How To Remove Door Panels In An 88

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some speakers in, but I don't know how to take off the door panels. I'm gonna try, but if someone could tell me, it'll be a little easier on me.

Oh, and what are the stock speaker sizes? Looks like 6x8 in the back.

mansquirt86

Reaction score
first remove the ***** by the wing window, then the one in the arm rest. after that just start prying the panel off the door. other than that, the stock speaker size in the front is 5 1/4 and the rear is 5x7 or 6x8 (they both fit)

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
Well I guess tracking the topic didn't work, since I just saw this, but it says 6 1/2 fits front, which would rock, but I dunno about that. We'll just see. Thanks for the help. I'll try and get those in. Only problem is the tweeter. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't want to have to drill some holes in the panel, or ***** them into something and make them look stupid. I guess I'll cut holes in the panels, though. Shouldn't be too bad. I might mount my Alpine amp in the console, or something, since the amp is small and the console is so friggin' huge. I might see about somewhere else, since I wanna be able to see if a case will fit in there. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Go cruizin' the old dirt roads, and sippin' on some o' that sweet nectar... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Na, I don't drink and drive, but my friends can drink in the back. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
Alright, cool. Got them out and put in my components. I used a drywall circle cutter bit to cut out a hole for the tweeters in the fabric-covered metal piece right to the side of the speaker grill. It worked on one side, but not so well on the other. I think I'm going to recover the metal panels on the doors. At least they're done. I was getting ticked off with them. I broke the passenger grill off and tried putting it back on with some silicone caulking b/c I didn't have enythig else and thought it would work. Well, it didn't, and I threw the bottle and it splattered all over the driveway. But once I recover them, maybe in black, they'll look better.

Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula