How to remove dash on 1972 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stTimer

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So I'm in the process of removing the dash for my 1972 Bronco, however having some issues.

1. How do I remove the Steering wheel? I've seen other posts mentioning I need a steering puller to do this....is this truly the case?

2. How do I remove some of the dash controls? Specifically I'm having problems with throttle and heat controls as the knobs don't seem to come off and the wiring doesn't have junction (not sure that is the correct term) as most of the other controls do.

Other than those 2 issues I have the dash pretty much off just not able to take all the way off.

Thanks in advance!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,So I'm in the process of removing the dash for my 1972 Bronco, however having some issues.

1. How do I remove the Steering wheel? I've seen other posts mentioning I need a steering puller to do this....is this truly the case?

2. How do I remove some of the dash controls? Specifically I'm having problems with throttle and heat controls as the knobs don't seem to come off and the wiring doesn't have junction (not sure that is the correct term) as most of the other controls do.

Other than those 2 issues I have the dash pretty much off just not able to take all the way off.

Thanks in advance!!
1. Yes, you can probably borrow one from a place like Auto Zone.

2. Knobs normally have a spring clip to hold them on. You need a L shaped pick to push in behind the **** to release it.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

1stTimer

Reaction score
Ok after a 2 year hiatus back to working on the Bronco. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc, thank you for your reply. I was able to get the steering wheel off after purchasing a steering wheel puller. The second point has not been as easy. I don't have an L shaped pick but tried with thin allen wrenches, paperclips and anything else I can find and I've been unable to remove the throttle and heating controls. If someone could please just point me in the right direction. This is getting frustrating and I'm to the point of just cutting all the cables and getting new wires for throttle and heating controls.

Thank you in advance!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP

1stTimer

Reaction score
I've found some more topics on this. Sounds like I will need to remove lines from the source for these specific controls....I will be trying that this week/weekend.

Thanks for anyone that took the time to read this.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"0" experience with this however., the push/pull solid wire sorta pig-tails onto the heater flappers, controls, etc.

Once popped off., it should all come out with the dash.

I would assume there's a nut on the back-side of ea. benzel holding it in place, if necess. to remove them.

Don't cut the solid wire....if at all poss. It has to come of somehow.

Take/post some pics..? :rolleyes:

monza

Reaction score
Hey 1st Timer,

Did u get that dash out ?

I am looking at mine right now thinking it needs a nice repaint.

Sure would be great to know if theres any gotchas in the process of removal.

C'mon - share the pain.

Thx,

Monza. :)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

monza

Reaction score
Hey 1st Timer,

Did you get your dash off ?

I just removed mine - so if you stil need help with those pesky controls - lt me know.

Monza. :)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23