How to disable abs on 96 BRONCO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpb81

Reaction score
I am trying to disable the ABS on my 96 Bronco, as I have had situations whereby the Bronco locked up wheels, and I know the pro/cons of disabling; however, I have lived thru the ages of no ABS, and I prefer none. I see there is the #2 fuse, and #8 fuse, as well as the ABS relay under the hood, and #13 fuse under the dash for ABS. I just want to know which fuse to pull to disable the ABS, and no other problems in driving.
Thanks I will remove the light bulb My Chevy, 02 Silvarado 2500HD, 8.1 is doing the same lock down if in light rain, and I have to turn left with some braking, and especially if going down a slight grade, it will lock down the front end, and I almost had an accident just recently, where I had the front lock down, after slight breaking going down a grade, and the truck locked, and I had no control, and was in a complete circle, and thank goodness-- the traffic saw I had no control, and had stopped traffic. I am tired of the ABS locking, and is so dangerous.
I have tried different repair places, and have replaced sensors, etc. in the Bronco, and am tired of the problem.
My 96 has just turned 74M, and is in pristine shape with 4:10 gears, running 31 inch tires.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
My son just un plugged the motor on his 94.

He did often complain of a soft brake pedal though. Not sure if that was related or not.

We had found a used one and replaced it, which is fun with lots of rusted brake lines, but it only lasted a couple months before it failed.

I am with you, would rather eliminate it.

OP
OP
C

cpb81

Reaction score
My son just un plugged the motor on his 94.

He did often complain of a soft brake pedal though. Not sure if that was related or not.

We had found a used one and replaced it, which is fun with lots of rusted brake lines, but it only lasted a couple months before it failed.

I am with you, would rather eliminate it.

Motech

Reaction score
Just about anything you disconnect that light up the ABS lamp will cause default ABS shutdown. Tiha's solution will definitely shut it down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke