Hole From Body Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zakcode

Reaction score
:angry: i just punched a hole in the bottom of my truck. a car swerved to miss a squirrel. to avoid the car i went down an embankment for an overpass.it wasnt very far,before the gaurd rail. well when i hit the bottom with the passenger front corner the suspention bottomed and i thought cool i knew i built this truck for a reason. no damage,or so i thought. the body mount punched through the bottom of the body.it is the one right behind the passenger side front wheel. should i just weld it up and re-enforce it a little or is there a part i can buy to replace it. it looks like there is a piece of the bodywork that is designed to be replaced. looks like another project for me and the boys. thanks in advance for the help...dave

azrockrat

Reaction score
get apeice of flat steel about a 1/8 in thick , drill the holes and weld it on, or you can go to ford and get a new one from there

OP
OP
Z

zakcode

Reaction score
all fixxed! took my time this weekend. about caught my pants on fire welding the hole back and welding the plate to re-enforce it. man my wife freaks out when i weld :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23