High Mileage Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twrenn

Reaction score
I'm considering buying an '89 Bronco. It has 420k miles on it. It has had two owners. It comes with about 300 pages of service documentation from the life of the Bronco. Its absolutely immaculate, the interior is perfect with barely any wear and tear. All the windows work and it blows cold A/C. It is rust free and very very clean. I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrow but since its my first Bronco I wanted some advise. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Bronco Jo

Reaction score
How do you know for sure that it has 420,000 miles on it? Sounds pretty nice, as long as the price is good. Has it had a different motor put in it, and whats the condition of the transmission?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

twrenn

Reaction score
How do you know for sure that it has 420,000 miles on it? Sounds pretty nice, as long as the price is good. Has it had a different motor put in it, and whats the condition of the transmission?

The mileage is documented in the service records....which is about 500 pages thick. The owner was very good at keeping records. Tranfer case was replaced in 2005, Transmission was replaced in 2003. None of the records indicate the engine was ever replaced.

Bronco Jo

Reaction score
What does it have for a motor in it, because thats incredible if the motor has never been replaced. My '89 bronco has a 5.8l and i have to put a rebuilt in it and it only has 175k on it.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Sounds like a killer deal...And the owner seems like most of us...On top of maintance and real good record keeping...And the a/c works!!!! Mine has 2/55 a/c...2 windows down and 55mph....Seriously i think my bronco is from somewhere north cause it's an XLT and no a/c...Not even any vents in the dash for a/c...But thats o.k. just another excuse to take the top off....It really sound like a nice ride just give it a good going over.... B)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj