Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83Bronco

Reaction score
Hi, my names sarah, i just bought an 83' Bronco. It is currently very very crappy. Well at least the body is. Im from Michigan, there fore it is being eatin alive by rust. I can just say that i will need alot of help to fix it. Oh yea this is my first vehicle! If anyone knows anything about fixing rust holes please let me know! thanks.

~sarah

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Howdy & Welcome!!! I posted a reply to your "rust repair" thread. If you have a picture or two of your Bronco and the "bad spots", it might help to determine the best ways to fix it up. Their value is increasing either as collector's items, or as for scrap metal in the case of my '88.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Rust bucket??? NOT!!! That is a very good-looking '83 Bronco on the outside. It may have the normal rust around the edges of the doors and body seams, but is definitely a "fixxer-upper"!!! My neighbor's '85 was 5x's as bad and now looks great with a cheap paint job and some basic bodywork. His is what is called a "40-footer". Up close it has a few rough spots, but it looks normal at a glance or passing you on the highway at 70 mph!!! It also has a rebuilt 300 I-6.

This is my advice: get the motor and the other mechanicals working, like brakes, electrical, fuel system, etc. first, then you can worry about the appearance. I waited almost three years before I finally saved the money for a paint job and the body work. Lord knows how much time I spent just on the motor!!! My shaker project took about 5-6 months just getting the parts to fit. Take your time, and make it a dependable daily-driver first.

Raven

Reaction score
yea the body pannels are worce on my 94 then on that one.. Dang MI salt does it everytime ... I need to get a few pics of mine up ... maybe I can get one of it out on the trail where it cought on fire ... lol .. at least it was not a bad fire just some power steerig fluid on the exhust...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

83Bronco

Reaction score
yea it looks good outside... but the floor on the inside is all rusted out. If you look in the 80 up tech section i posted pics. that is pretty serious to get fixed. also i do need to work on the engine though. just today it started to sputter when i hit 20mph. is this due to a bad air fuel mixture? how do i readjust the carburator to fix that?

~thanks for the replys

Sarah

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK