HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hans

Reaction score
I HAVE A 89 F-150 WHEN U GET UP TO 35 MPH IT STARTS TO BOUNCE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE

jstevenson509

Reaction score
I'm certainly not one of the most informed on this site, but I know I had an old ranger and the rear wheels were misaligned causing it to shudder at higher speeds (over 55).. pretty cheap fix. My first guess would be to check tire tread wear.. That can sometimes tell you a lot.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yes, check for any bad spots on the tread of a tire, or a missing wheel weight throwing the tire out of balance. If you still have the stock rims, they are bad about getting bent, JSM84

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I agree with both answers...a bent wheel can cause a major headache....and so can a busted belt in a tire....have your alinment checked and while they are at it have your tires and wheels balanced...(preferrably spin balanced).....hope this helps some.... B)

Bronconewbie

Is it supposed to do that???
Reaction score
If you don't find anything with the tires, Jack up your truck and put it on jackstands, or if you have access too a lift, get all four wheels off the ground. Put one hand on the front of the tire and one hand on the back. gently shake tire back and forth to see if theres any play in your tie rods. After that Put one hand on top and one hand on bottom and repeat shake to check play in ball joints and wheel bearings. I usually find its something pretty simple most of the time its just wheel bearings needing tightened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23