Help! Please! Regarding 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoTexasboy

Reaction score
Hello fellow Ford Enthusiast!

So I installed a Rough Country 6" lift kit on my 1993 Ford Bronco, and I also installed some some 20x10 wheels with off road tires (bought used) .
I took it for a drive down my neighborhood driving less than 15 mph and it just drives so rough, and the body shakes like its about to do "la macarena" dance.
I know it requires a wheel alignment and possibly a rebalancing the wheels.
Any advice or tips what to look for? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo BroncoTexasboy
Welcome!

Contact Rough Country at https://www.roughcountry.com/customer-service
They can give you tips such as proper tire pressure and will ask; if you have performed;
Prior to beginning, inspect the vehicles steering, driveline, and brake systems, paying close attention to the suspension link arms and bushings,
anti-sway bars and bushings, tie rod ends, pitman arm, ball joints and wheel bearings.
Also check the steering sector-to-frame and all suspension-to-frame attaching points for stress cracks. The overall vehicle must be in excellent working condition; repair or replace all worn parts.
●□●
ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf
GL!
Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo