Help-15x8" Or 15x10"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragonDave

Reaction score
Well here is my first post! I am getting ready to have a pro comp stage II 6" in the frt and 4" in the rear suspension kit installed on my 92 4x4. I have seen a page online that says "15x8" wheels are the size to use." But other people have told me 15x10" should be used. I kinda like the idea of having less wheel hangin out cuz I plan on taking the truck on smaller trails etc. Well plz let me know the pros and cons and your opinions becuz I need to buy the wheels / tires soon.( I will be usin a 35/12.50 15" tire) THNX!

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Really 10" wheels with 12.50 tires will barely hang outside the fender (they don't on my truck anyway) But I'd opt for the 10" wheels to flatten the 12.5's out some, you'll have better handling with em. 8" wheels will have the tire kinda rounded over which wear on the tires more and tend to have bad road walking manners.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Right, plus you get a little more sidewall protection if you go with a 10" rim for the 12.50-wide tires. This is a good all-purpose rim size (15x10) for trails, sand, and dirt. If you primarily drive in mud like I do, then a narrower rim (8-9") will give you more "bite" with the wider tires. There's also less rub on the radius arms and the fenders when at full lock.

jtp1201

Reaction score
dont know if you are concerned about turning radiousbut i have 15\8 on 35.12.50 and they rub on my extended radious arms so dont know what else to tell you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula