Hello from Chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sori

Reaction score
I just bought my 2022 Bronco Sport carbonized grey. I like it, really nice. Love all the features.
Here in Illinois, the dealers are adding anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000 on to the sales price to make up the loss they have had with the lack of vehicles. They added $3,000 to my sales price. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just bought my 2022 Bronco Sport carbonized grey. I like it, really nice. Love all the features.
Here in Illinois, the dealers are adding anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000 on to the sales price to make up the loss they have had with the lack of vehicles. They added $3,000 to my sales price. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Welcome to the forum! Markups are happening everywhere with the new vehicles. It's not really the manufacturers putting the mark ups on the new vehicles, it's the dealers.

$3000 is all that bad. Much better then what others are paying.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Heard of folks paying a lot more but glad you got one and the way you wanted it. Post some pictures please

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone!

In the Pacific Inland Northwest area dealers are adding $10k to every 4x4 sold.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Sort,
Welcome and enjoy your Bronco!

GREATER LA

Why are new cars so expensive right now?​

By Benjamin Gottlieb Dec. 07, 2021 SMALL BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURS
page-header?v=1638927906.jpg
"Theo Ebert (right) and Lee Dibble stand on the empty new car lot at Vista Ford Lincoln in Woodland Hills.Photo by Benjamin Gottlieb.
Theo Ebert looks out at his empty new car lot in Woodland Hills.
“There's typically three rows [of cars] where we're standing,” says Ebert, the sales manager at Vista Ford Lincoln. “Right now, we've got, what, five cars we're staring at?”
This dealership normally stocks around 500 to 600 cars this time of year. But right now, total inventory is just 100, including those five lonely cars in the middle of the sales lot.
Even so, business is booming, leading to sky-high prices on new and used cars, and even bidding wars for cars you don’t have to pre-order. “People come in and we get two or three [sales]-people working on the same car. … Whoever wants to pay the most for the car gets the car,” he says.
The global supply chain issues stretching many business owners to their breaking points has actually been a boon for car dealerships all across Southern California. Most are seeing record profits despite significantly reduced inventory. Ebert says his dealership is running with lower overhead and fewer employees while demand is at an all-time high.
135dde1d-9231-4b32-b473-5a0843ddcfe0.jpgTheo Ebert points to a large whiteboard inside his office in Woodland Hills that tallies the number of cars sold per salesperson. Photo by Benjamin Gottlieb.
“We're making more money on less cars,” Ebert says. “Anyone that's in the car business that says they're not having a record year is probably lying to you.”
Business is especially good for some of the car market’s hottest cars, such as the new Ford Bronco. Ebert says those cars can sell for $30,000 to $40,000 over asking price in some instances.
“So a $60,000 Bronco can sell for $100,000,” he says.
It’s a great situation for car dealerships but the exact opposite for car shoppers like Zoe Rosenberg, who is in the market for a new lease. She turned in her Toyota this past summer and held off on getting a new car.
“I was thinking about upgrading a bit, so I went to Lexus in August,” says Rosenberg, a freelance TV and film producer. “At the time, prices seemed about normal.”
But when she went back to check out the same car a few weeks ago, she says, “The lease price was $200 more for the same car.”
74d94071-c4b1-4c3b-91d9-fbcab6da27d2.jpgIn order to keep the lot looking full, Vista Ford Lincoln often parks the cars it does have around the perimeter of its lot, sometimes (as seen here) horizontally." Photo by Benjamin Gottlieb

Attachments

• listing-square.png
    listing-square.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 2

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sounds like alot of greedy people ripping people off. I wonder how much they help needy kids that need surgery,food and shelter. ? I,ll bet they don,t help any.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
if the dealership added any actual value to the purchase … then maybe it wouldn't make me want to vomit.

You got on-line and picked out your Bronco … Ford built it for you... and dealership did absolutely nothing.

Money well spent.

If someone is waiting at the ATM... and takes 20 dollars from your withdrawal … they will put him in jail for robbery.

We just smile and let the dealerships steal our money.