Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLT79

Reaction score
The heater is making one **** of a screeching noice when on. I suspect the blower wheel - what is the quickest way to get at it and fix it ?

Bronc76

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a replacement. Never had to replace mine yet, but I think you can get access from under the dash.

Stefan

Reaction score
Your bearings are shot in the motor. Under the hood 3 bolts against the firewall. one left two in the middle. Do not forget wires from the selectors and disconnect hoses from heater. I replaced the motor with one from a chevy van. Works like a new one.

Good luck!

JJCrash

Reaction score
Definitely the motor, just did mine last winter, also a 79. If you have factory air it's going to ****. I don't remember how many bolts through the firewall, some you get from in the cab, some in the engine bay. Getting the box out is a bitch around the inner fender well. I would advise replacing the heater core at the same time and **** up the swinging panel for hot and cold really well. Not something you want to take apart more than once. My AC was already disconnected, had lines but no compressor. I removed the evaporator coil and hoses and patched openings in the box with sheet metal. One less thing to worry about!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23