Heater - A/C controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
As I was doing some checking on my fuse block, I found one that was empty so I popped a fuse in it and all of a sudden the heater blower came on. Thats good, at least I know it works now, but apparently the levers that control the A/C and vent and all that good stuff doesn't work, because it wouldn't go off without pulling the fuse.

Do they make replacement controls? I don't want to pop it off unless I kind of know what I am getting into under the dash.... anything difficult?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
As I was doing some checking on my fuse block, I found one that was empty so I popped a fuse in it and all of a sudden the heater blower came on. Thats good, at least I know it works now, but apparently the levers that control the A/C and vent and all that good stuff doesn't work, because it wouldn't go off without pulling the fuse.
Do they make replacement controls? I don't want to pop it off unless I kind of know what I am getting into under the dash.... anything difficult?
Hey Matt,

Heat is a little over-rated anyway... don't you think?

I'm not making any recomendations of whether to buy there or not, but I often visit autozone.com to see if they carry a part, or what it looks like. They also have a fair amount of troubleshooting info.

Just enter some of your vehicle infomation and you can do vehicle specific searches for parts, wireing diagrams etc.

http://www.autozone.com/R,APP1068672/vehic...oductDetail.htm

joe

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
Oh yeah.. heat is WAY over-rated.. LOL

I was thinking more along the lines of A.C. during the HOT summers here in TX. Having the top off will be nice, but sometimes a nice cool ride is even nicer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the link.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Matt V, part ofthe HVAC control panel is vacuum-operated, in terms of whether or not the air blows thru the vents or on top like the defrost. You might be able to find a replacement control panel from LMC or JBG, but I think they run several hundred $$$. If you pull out the center dash bezel, you should be able to get a better look at the controls. There's a coule of cables and levrs, and of course the wiring for the switch that turns the fan on/off, as well as the heat or A/C selector. IF you think you might need a spare HVAC control panel, I can send you one (for shipping cost) from my 84 or 88 Broncos. I've pulled both out, and it's not too hard to do. Once you get the control panel working, you still want to check if the compressor is working for the A/C. I'vw also pulled all of that stuff out if you need something. taking the hardtop off is much easier than fixing the A/C, and cheaper.I would burn up with the A/C on MAX with the top on here in S.TX, JSM84

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
Matt V, part ofthe HVAC control panel is vacuum-operated, in terms of whether or not the air blows thru the vents or on top like the defrost. You might be able to find a replacement control panel from LMC or JBG, but I think they run several hundred $$$. If you pull out the center dash bezel, you should be able to get a better look at the controls. There's a coule of cables and levrs, and of course the wiring for the switch that turns the fan on/off, as well as the heat or A/C selector. IF you think you might need a spare HVAC control panel, I can send you one (for shipping cost) from my 84 or 88 Broncos. I've pulled both out, and it's not too hard to do. Once you get the control panel working, you still want to check if the compressor is working for the A/C. I'vw also pulled all of that stuff out if you need something. taking the hardtop off is much easier than fixing the A/C, and cheaper.I would burn up with the A/C on MAX with the top on here in S.TX, JSM84
Cool! I'll take it out and see what's going on with it... hopefully one night this week if I get a chance, been doing a little extra work at nights around the ranch after work... which unfortunately make for long days with very little time left to do anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23