Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andydic

Reaction score
I am looking at completely redoing my exhaust I already have duals on, but I ripped a big whole in my muffler and put a hole in one of the pipes during my last wheeling session. What are some descent headers to buy. I don't want to buy the best or something outrageously priced, but I don't want anything thats a piece of crap either. Anybody have any inputs as far a prices, etc..

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Check out Summit Racing Equipment for the best prices. They are one of the few brands of shorty headers, going for about $100. Some folks love'em while others do not. Headman or Flowmaster have some headers for Broncos around $150. You will get better performance out of long tube headers, but the selection is limited for Broncos. I do not believe you can get a good set of headers like Edelbrock or BBk that will not leak for under $500.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
One of my friends installed some longer headers. He said the problem with those is that they're harder to fit. I should've gotten some before I had my exhaust done. Dual exhaust with glasspacks. Took about 1 hour for them to install. It's nice for $170, but it melted my mudflaps since they exit right behind the mudflaps. I'm gonna see about cutting the ends off and putting some tips on. Then, I wanna look for some ***** lady mudflaps. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
A

andydic

Reaction score
I found some ****** compettion headers on Jegs.com. Anyone heard anything good about them?

Justshootme84

Reaction score
No, I have not heard anyone praise the ****** Comp headers. You get what you pay for, so if those are around $150-$160, they are prolly fairly cheap. Cheap headers tend to leak both at the front mounting plate and the collector sides, as well as blowing out a hole in the bends. High quality gaskets can help reduce the leak potential. And like stated, be 100% sure the ones you want will fit. It can be a real headache to get a set to clear the firewall, frame, starter, etc. and they may still be a tight fit. If I was to put headers on my Bronco, I thought about Hedman brand. I've had good luck in the past with that brand, but still had a leaky gasket now and then.

OP
OP
A

andydic

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything good about headman, but then again everybody I have talked to has a different opinion about everything.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
You may have noticed that I do not have headers on my Bronco. In fact the mechanic thaqt I take my Chevy to all of the time said that if I ever put headers on a truck, not to bring it to him for any repairs!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23