Hard to start when hot??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weum817

Reaction score
I have a 79 bronco with a 351m.. just bought it and the guy said the motor had been rebuilt a few years ago but he never really drov it much.. when i drive it for about 30 miles it dosent want to start again, someone said it may be out of time..starts fine when its cold..the it's like the motor wont hardly turn over at all, but it finally starts..not the battery it had a 1750 CCA from a school bus..i've adjusted the timing a little bit but no help...is there any chance it's the starter when it gets hot??/ any idea's???

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
1750 CCA??? holy shit on a stick. you sure that's not 1750 CA?

Buy yourself a new ICM, to fix your hard hot starts

ICM - Ignition Control Module

OP
OP
W

weum817

Reaction score
1750 CCA??? holy shit on a stick. you sure that's not 1750 CA?Buy yourself a new ICM, to fix your hard hot starts

ICM - Ignition Control Module
no it's says 1750 cold cranking amps..got it from the school bus garage..you think that icm will help?? the motor just dont want to turn over..it's not that it wont fire, just dont want to turn over??

rodsteal

Reaction score
does it turn over but not fire, or not even turn over. If it odes not fire I would do a compression test. Sometimes the heat expands the cylinders and they don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23