hard as balls !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhoss89

Reaction score
wonderin how to get that peskey little thing called the rear window regulator /motor out without havin an anurisim from bein so irritated ? :angry:

Yardape

Reaction score
Which one? The regulator or the motor? The motor is held in with 3 8mm bolts if I remember correctly. Do the hardest one first then the rest are gravy. When I did mine I wanted to beat it with a sledge hammer. Just kept plugging away and was done before long and I was stronger by putting myself through that. You can do it too, I have faith in you.

OP
OP
blackhoss89

blackhoss89

Reaction score
Which one? The regulator or the motor? The motor is held in with 3 8mm bolts if I remember correctly. Do the hardest one first then the rest are gravy. When I did mine I wanted to beat it with a sledge hammer. Just kept plugging away and was done before long and I was stronger by putting myself through that. You can do it too, I have faith in you.
:blush: awww thanks bud that autta make it ten times easier!

Stubby1971

Reaction score
you really need to invite a friend over- from my experience friends are great for telling you everything you're doing wrong and coming up with a better way to do things- that normally causes more work- or you could do like my friends- who pretend to stuggle untill I get mad at them and just do it for them- as long as the tailgate is torn apart try greasing all the gears and slides- makes the new motor happy

Sarahs85Bronco

Reaction score
I am having a prob with my rear window. I changed motor,fuse and now I am just gonna take it some where. Now do I take it to the glass place or an auto guy? Oh yeah and i was making fun of a toyota tundra that had spinners on it cause like WHATEVER and then my truck shifted itself into nutral i am guessing the tundra was his gf.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am having a prob with my rear window. I changed motor,fuse and now I am just gonna take it some where. Now do I take it to the glass place or an auto guy? Oh yeah and i was making fun of a toyota tundra that had spinners on it cause like WHATEVER and then my truck shifted itself into nutral i am guessing the tundra was his gf.
uhhh .... what???

Seabronc

Reaction score
wonderin how to get that peskey little thing called the rear window regulator /motor out without havin an anurisim from bein so irritated ? :angry:
Have you done anything to determine if the motor is actually bad? Like use a set of jumpers to see if it will go up/down?

If the next question is, HOW? Remove the access panel, find the wires along the bottom of the tail gate and jumper it. Reversing the hookup reverses the motor direction.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Stubby1971

Reaction score
it's really not that bad- I think the last one we did took 35 min- like i said earlier- make sure the slides and gears are greased- makes the motor work way too hard if they're dry

Big Country

Reaction score

***? :blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23