Good Sounding Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_Bronco

Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious what exhaust would be pretty loud but sound good. I would prefer for it not to back fire.

Right now, I just kicked off the muffler because the exhaust pipes fell off last year. Its pretty loud but I want it to louder, deeper, and legal.

Thanks

89Bronco58

Reaction score
flowmaster 40 series, high flow racing cat, and headers, all 2 and 1/4 inch pipe to the muffler, then 2 and 1/2 inch tailpipes

Seabronc

Reaction score
It all depends on how much noise you want to hear inside the truck. Flowmaster 40 series have a pretty high noise level inside, kinda hard to talk over. Series 50 sound nice outside but are a little quieter inside the cab. I had a 40 series on and now I have the 50 series on my truck but to tell you the truth I don't like the tinny sound of a Flowmaster. I called Flowmaster about it and was told that it is due to the high exhaust scavenge design and that some people added Resonator tips to cut it back. That is what I did and it was a definite improvement, but next time I feel like changing the system, Flowmaster is out for a muffler system that doesn't sound so tinny.

Good luck,

:)>-

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Get cherrybomb glasspacks, they sound mean as **** and are just as loud a flowmaster 40s, but with a differnt sound. There both badass though, also alotta exhuast shops dont carry cherrybombs so you might have to order them, get the 18" long 3" in/out and it will sound mean as ****. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

madmax

Reaction score
chepo honeycomb cats (you might need a couple to pass emissions) and tractor muffelers, is some states its legal

Hop's Bronco

Reaction score
I put a 3in in 3in out flowmaster 40 on my 96 and it sounds great and not to bad inside the cab unless traveling above 70mph...

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Get cherrybomb glasspacks, they sound mean as **** and are just as loud a flowmaster 40s, but with a differnt sound.
Well, NO. I beg to differ. Glasspacks are a *whole* different ballgame and anyone who's run them will tell you that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Mufflers are one thing and Glasspacks are another. If you want to *hear* the person next to you, the guys in the backseat or the people 2 blocks away throwing things at you then you won't run glasspacks. Do you like to hear yourself think ? If you do then don't run them. Now don't get me wrong, I've run MORE than my share but the absolute fact of the matter is that what I thought was really freaking cool when I was 17 is an entirely different gig at 40 (oh, GOD that hurts to say, but there it is). Do you have neighbors or people who live around you who's opinion of you as a person matters ? These are the sorts of things you need to think about before running a set of glasspacks. If you like to drive home at 2am then be *prepared* for people to throw trash on your lawn or to have your doorbell rung at 3am only to find a burning bag of dog$hit. This is what your neighbors do when you run glasspacks and come home after last call. Don't believe it, that's OK, some guys like to learn on their own. After you stomp out a few of those burning bags your opinion may change. Give it some thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
that depends on what glasspacls you get, yea if you get the ones i told him 18" case and 3"in/out theyll be loud but you can get longer glasspacks or smaller pipe, my friend up here has cherrybomb glasspacks on her dodge and my bronco is louder with flowmasters.

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Lol yea i know what you mean, im just sayin there are quieter glassplacks out there then ones thatll get flaming bags of dog sh*t on your porch. They just sound mellow with a slight rumble thats louder then stock but will keep you from havin smelly feet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane