Glasspacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brenden84

Reaction score
i went to the shop today and they said that the cats i had on there were already high performance, the one in the front is in good condition but the one in the back was dead. i had them replace the rear cat with a new high flow and i have way more power. also, the sound is a little better than before.

i refrained from getting rid of the muffler because i have the single exhaust, it sounds pretty good now tho so im pretty happy with it.

thanks, brenden

OP
OP
B

brenden84

Reaction score
i like the way my truck sounds with the glasspack but it can always have a little more tone right?

the guy at the shop said a tip would make quite a difference, would a 3 1/2 inch tip for example, really make a noticiable change in the tone? (for the better)

thanks, brenden

Sorny

Reaction score
Well i know on my old 1980 Ford Ranger F-150 i had great big boom tube tips that were 24 inches long by 3 1/2 wide with Dual Thrush Magum Glasspacks, and that truck was pritty damn loud. But in your case I don't think some that big is going to work. But I do know that on my brothers 81 Monte carlo all I did was weld on simple $10 a peice tips and made a very noticeble difference, and his car has true duals with Bluebottle glasspacks. You can notice a difference with pritty much any tip but if you go with a 3 1/2 inch tip it will make your truck sound deeper but if you go with a smaller tip that is belled out it will snap more, its all up to what kinda of sound you want.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I like the tone the 3 1/2" tips give better then others. alot here run all theway up to 6" tips "the ones using em say it looks better" but to me they look funny. they give a bad tone. My 86 with 12" packs and 3 1/2" tips gives all the sound and tone needed. @ about 70MPH the tone smooths way out and sounds. it reminds me of someone running there finger around the rim of a cristle glass.

OP
OP
B

brenden84

Reaction score
ok thanks for the input. yeah i do like that deeper sound. keeping in mind that i have single exhaust would the tip still make a difference and just not be quite as noticable? or does that even matter in this case?

brenden

OP
OP
B

brenden84

Reaction score
also, how long would the tip haf to be. if im going with a 3 1/2...does it make a difference how far that 3 1/2 goes back?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula