Gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromewarrior555

Reaction score
Hey boys and girls. My name is Don, I'm from Hawaii. I just scored a 79 Ford Bronco. It had been setting for about 3 years. I've had to drop the gas tank to clean it. The question is how's the best way to do this? I'm also lookin for the best place to get a new sending unit. Very hard to find parts here. Thanks for any help.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Hey boys and girls. My name is Don, I'm from Hawaii. I just scored a 79 Ford Bronco. It had been setting for about 3 years. I've had to drop the gas tank to clean it. The question is how's the best way to do this? I'm also lookin for the best place to get a new sending unit. Very hard to find parts here. Thanks for any help.

cw555

try npd.com, autokrafters.com. Broncograveyard.com probably has the best price

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! Check with Jeff's Bronco Graveyard (see link on main forum page) for the gas tank and other new parts. If the old tank has any rust inside it, it's very hard to clean yourself. You could take it to a radiator shop and have them clean it out, but anew one doesn't cost alot ($120~). If it's just some slime mold or a little residue from old gas, a good detergent soap and water may work. JSM84

OP
OP
chromewarrior555

chromewarrior555

Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! Check with Jeff's Bronco Graveyard (see link on main forum page) for the gas tank and other new parts. If the old tank has any rust inside it, it's very hard to clean yourself. You could take it to a radiator shop and have them clean it out, but anew one doesn't cost alot ($120~). If it's just some slime mold or a little residue from old gas, a good detergent soap and water may work. JSM84
Thanks.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can get kits for reconditioning gas tanks from places like POR15, but you are probably better off in the long run to install a new tank. While you have it down make yourself an access panel so that you can get at the sender unit if need be. Here is how I made mine http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12329 . That is on an 83 so I'm not sure the location is exactly the same on a 79 but it probably is.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
chromewarrior555

chromewarrior555

Reaction score
You can get kits for reconditioning gas tanks from places like POR15, but you are probably better off in the long run to install a new tank. While you have it down make yourself an access panel so that you can get at the sender unit if need be. Here is how I made mine http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12329 . That is on an 83 so I'm not sure the location is exactly the same on a 79 but it probably is.
Good luck,

:)>-
Wow, great idea. That would really save some time. I just may do that.

79fordblake

Reaction score
If you have a 25 1/2 gallon fuel tank as far as I know only Bronco Graveyard has the sending unit to those. Thats where I got mine. Lots of places has the sending unit to the 33 gallon tanks though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat