Gas Level Sending Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pattygook

Reaction score
SO... I need to replace my gas level sensor on the tank and it's on the top of the tank, so instead of dropping the tank (a lot of work from what i've heard), i'd like to cut a section out of my floor pan to access the sensor and just make it a removable hatch.

What do you guys think:

Doable

Not able due to other blockages

Are you on drugs?

I'd really love some input and thanks in advance.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Some people have done that. You need to be very careful when making the cut so you don't dammage the wiring or tank. I think if I were to do it, I'd drop the tank a little by supporting it with a piece of plywood and us a jack to hold it while removing the straps. Just be careful, you are dealing with an explosive.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the advice. Now all I have to do is figure out WHERE to cut! :rolleyes:

Yardape

Reaction score
Remember when you cut you have a fuel tank right underneath where you are cutting. Its really not that hard to drop your tank, well worth the work rather than blow yourself up.

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
True, I guess I'll drop the tank. And while it's down, I'll replace the sensor and cut a latch for future mishaps.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
One of the bronco's i had the previous owner cut from the top. Its not as bad as you would think i looked at it closely when i pulled the rug out and as long as you dont cut to deap you will be fine. But as others have said dropping the tank isnt hard, and much much safer, i just did it 3 months ago. just siffen your tank to less then a 1/4 full, it makes it alot easier. less weight.. Good luck

88 Bronco II

Reaction score
I would drop the tank for sure, not much work. I had a leak and dropped the tank, patched it and put it back on all after supper one evening. A couple of months later it developed another leak so I ended up just putting on a new tank which went even quicker.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula