Fwd stab bar busings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrian p

Reaction score
I ordered the stock stab bar bracket due to one being bent, The p.n. is E6TZ-5486-B but they are about three inches tall and all the bushings out there are about 2 1/2 in. tall. does someone have the correct bushing number for these brackets? It has a 1 in. stab bar. thanks.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
What bushings are you using?

I know when I went with urethane aftermarket bushings I had to wrap them with some belting material to take up the gap in whatever project that was I was working on. Where as the factory rubber fit the hole better.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
adrian p

adrian p

Reaction score
I just got the ride a few weeks ago and got plenty of random new parts along with multiple packs of new bushings and the part #'s say they are for my year and model but all of them are short.even the ones online that have a good description are too short.basically need an original ford parts book that shows these brackets and the bushings that go with them

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I just got the ride a few weeks ago and got plenty of random new parts along with multiple packs of new bushings and the part #'s say they are for my year and model but all of them are short.even the ones online that have a good description are too short.basically need an original ford parts book that shows these brackets and the bushings that go with them
Contact Heilwig out of California. They have them and a really nice company to deal with. You are talking about SWAY BAR? What is a STAB BAR?

OP
OP
adrian p

adrian p

Reaction score
Contact Heilwig out of California. They have them and a really nice company to deal with. You are talking about SWAY BAR? What is a STAB BAR?
Thanks i will check them out.yes sway bar.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey Johnny, It's a stabilizer bar, (Just another name for swaybar)
Thanks L. The time I needed the same part he,s looking for. I contacted Heliwig . Because I had bought a couple of well made sway bars from the. They sent the metal parts--bushing --free and even paid the shipping. Their reason was. I was a good customer. Can,nt beat that.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks L. The time I needed the same part he,s looking for. I contacted Heliwig . Because I had bought a couple of well made sway bars from the. They sent the metal parts--bushing --free and even paid the shipping. Their reason was. I was a good customer. Can,nt beat that.
How you coming along on your motor?

OP
OP
adrian p

adrian p

Reaction score
Hey Adrian, what is your ride? 86 Bronco11?
correct.only had it a few weeks.has the 4.0 v6.was told it was from a 97 explorer but not sure if that correct.maybe you guys know where i can get the data from the engine to see what it was originally in.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
correct.only had it a few weeks.has the 4.0 v6.was told it was from a 97 explorer but not sure if that correct.maybe you guys know where i can get the data from the engine to see what it was originally in.
Thanks, I have had a similar experience as Tiha with aftermarket bushing kits. Are you talking about the end links? or the ones that mount it to the frame?

I'm not too sure how to reverse engineer the engine source, but, if you can find some part numbers on some of the hard parts, (block, intake brackets, ect...) anything that came with the donor engine for sure. the prefix in the part number will show you the year at least. Your stabilizer bracket number, E6TZ-5486-B for example. E is the decade (C=60's, D=70's and so on) 6 is the year in that decade.
Hope that helps
Cheers

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Post a pict of the underhood view, a visual will help with ID.
The 4.0L swap is pretty common up here.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Nice ride!
The install looks good from what I can see. Ill do some digging for some clues to the year. let me know what you find RE: part numbers.
If they don't cause a clearance issue with the stabilizer bar, I'd run the shorter ones. They will be less prone to bending. And since the bar pivots in them, they wont affect the operation. Make sure to L U B E them with a silicone based grease. Brake L U B E is really good or silicone dielectric works too.
Cheers

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane