full size springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fbrown3

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped full sized rear springs to a BII think they will work but wanted to get info before I attempted.I have an 89 BII XLT with a 2.9L The springs are about an inch closer in the front but i think due to the lift it should offset this. [-o< Will they be to stiff? Any help would be nice since am planning on suspension lift for front too. :unsure:

OP
OP
F

fbrown3

Reaction score
I measured them they are the same width but 11/2 inches longer over all, should be able to make up the difference with the shackle correct?

Bulldozer

Reaction score
There the same width, but will they fit in or are they to long?

Matt

OP
OP
F

fbrown3

Reaction score
Like I said only about an inch and a half longer over all, should be able to make up the diff. with the shackle. My main concern is will they be too stiff?

Bulldozer

Reaction score
If there a little longer, they might be two still, they might be as loose. Try them and see how they fit, theres no way to be sure that i know of, try them and see how they are.

Pony-boy

That's not a dent, It's a gift from the t
Reaction score
They will be stiff. Your rig weighs about 2000 lbs

A F/S weighs about 5000 lbs.

The term BUCK BOARD comes to mind.......

Last edited by a moderator:

timster24

Reaction score
Gen 1 explorer springs will fit, with no major mods. they are thicker and will get rid of that saggy rear end. will give a bit stiffer ride, but nothing like full size springs will. the only thing that needs to be done is take the little bolt from the center of the springs, replace it and install it upside down from how it was origionally, that will correct the difference in how the axle mounts. have done it several times with great results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco