Fuel System Cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pattygook

Reaction score
My bii has been sluggish lately, so I went ahead and bought a new fuel filter to install (I figured the old one was clogged). I went to install it, and there wasn't even a fuel filter in and there was a lot of gunk and stuff in the fuel filter cartridge bowl. It now has a clean fuel filter, but is still sluggish. I'm guessing I need to take apart the inline pump just foward of the filter and clean it out. Do you guys reccoment doing anything else, ie replacing injectors. Right after I put the new filter in, I put a bottle of injector cleaner in my tank, which didn't do a thing. I'd really like to get everything done at once so I won't have to worry about spilling a million dollars worth of gas.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I know you won't like the sounds of this but if your going to clean your injectors take to a dealer or shop you trust and have them do a inline injector cleaning....that stuff we buy in a bottle isn't stong enough to do a good cleaning...it's good to help maintain a system after a good cleaning but that's about it...i think we do themhere at our dealership for about $50 bucks...i know it sounds high but after a half dozen bottles might as well had it done the first time...had my 92 explorer done and runs better afterwards....hope this helps ya out some.... B)

Bronconewbie

Is it supposed to do that???
Reaction score
I charge $75 at my shop in Il. and my comp. says i'm killin' them because i'm too cheap. Anyway I have seen my system raise the dead. It is amazing to see the results! I recomend injection flushes or Injection cleanings to anybody with a fuel injection system. I think it is the best investment I have ever made. I am able to save my customers a crap load of money! Think about it $75 for cleaning or hundreds of dollers for new injectors!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23