Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

augi

Reaction score
My question is about the fuel pump and what was the OEM pump that was installed on the original 1966 U13. I was told the engine was original and it has a fuel pump that has a glass bulb on the bottom. I am being told that the OEM fuel pump did not have a glass bulb, but I see where different sources are selling the pump with the bulb. Does anyone know what was installed on the early U13? Mine was manufactured in mid-September 1965.

Motech

Reaction score
First off, we need to define OEM.
Original Equipment Manufacturer does NOT mean Original Equipment. It just means this is one of the manufacturers that may have produced the original parts for Ford, but they are essentially an aftermarket manufacturer making their aftermarket parts available to the public.

In essence, OEM is not OE. Even Motorcraft brand is not OE.

While these factory pumps often came with glass filter housings, it's not carved in stone, and some did not. Either way, the aftermarket replacements, OEM or other, mostly will not. You may find some that do, but mostly they don't.

The difference would be in your sensibilities to originality. If you're certain that yours originally came with the clear bowl, and that's what you want then seek out one that has it.

Keep in mind that the main difference from the factory was engine flex on acceleration, and how close that glass bowl was to other components. If it was close enough to shatter with a worn engine mount, then they probably didn't come with a glass bowl from the factory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

augi

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. It is great info. I am still learning about the 66 Bronco. I have been told that the glass bulb fuel pump most likely was used to replace the pump that came on the engine from the factory. Most likely it went bad and this was one of the replacements available. Thank you again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK