Ford Bronco TOUGH Weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
Hey Guys , This is why we decided to keep the Bronco ;

Great in High Water Crossings

Pullin down 50' dead trees .

Neighbor came over last weekend to help me get the walls up on our new storage shed . HOT, HUMID friggin miserable . He had told me a couple dead snags had come down right near our driveway . So about 3:30-4:00 he takes me up and parks me right under some of the worst "Widow Makers" I've ever seen . I un-assed his ATV post haste . Up in the trees was 1 snag about 50' tall hung up in several trees , but you never know when they'll finish comin' down ! Gravity is fickle .

So we went and got our chainsaws , logging chains and went to work . The first one broke off a "V-Stump" about 4' off the ground and landed behind the stump about 8-10' up a bank . I was NOT going into the fall area , so we hooked up about 40' chain , I put the Bronco on Low/Low Range and floored the truck . It did a dance like something possesed spittin' rocks and covering all sides off the road . So I backed up and gave the chain some slack and stood on the gas . the snag came out and down most of the hang up . The next run it was on the ground where we got it limbed out . My Buddy had his tractor and pulled it down to an old slash pile at the head of our driveway and piled it .

The next one was still standing on the stump but leaning over the road so He dropped it , it came over the road and ******* tight in one of our old oaks . We had to cut off a 6' section to get the butt end on the road (this one was taller than the first) so again the old Bronco proved it's self .

It took about 2.5 hours to clear our road , it got pretty well torn up . But is was fun .

Gotta love these Broncos !

Steve

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_003.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_005.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_004.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_007.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_008.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_012.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_013.jpg

TREE_FELLING___Nr__DRIVEWAY_010.jpg

Members online

No members online now.