FNG from Missouri

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
Hey folks , Steve here from Missouri .

Found BZ' after some searching . I've got a 94' F/Size EB Bronco that's been "Road Hard" but is still a great Truck . It's basically stock ,with a mild shift kit,6 Rancho 9000's , New Smitty Bilt seats , and a Sony Disc system for the tunes .Front end bushings are new ,the old ones were gone .

Bar a bad engine and a wiring harness destroyed by Saber Tooth Tree Rats' (ie:Squirrel) it's still a real nice truck. It's got almost 164k , the 351 has finally gone "Tango Uniform"(some of you Military folks might understand that one) I left it in our back yard for a week and a Squirrel got up under the hood and ate the harness (Injectors&Intake Air Sensor plugs) 2 of the plastic Vacuum Lines and last but not least the coil wire so it could make a nice nest about the size of a basket ball . >:) I had just ordered my new engine and gone outside to pull it around to the shop when I discovered the damage those little Tree Rats' did . Had to cancel the engine.Called Ford and they told me that the harness was obsolete . Went out trying to find another truck and no luck .They were all Rot Boxes and Bondo Queens that had up to 267K miles for $5500.00 and up .

So I called another Ford Dealership they told me to call this Electrical Repair Shop in Springfield . They got me the #'s for the Plug Repair Kits ,took them back to Ford and finally crossed them to good #'s . So after looking at dozens of overpriced pieces of ****** I got the kits ordered and tomorrow I'll reorder the engine .

I just could justify scrapping or selling the Bronco because it's so clean cosmetically . I had put several requests out to parts hotlines and found only one 95' with a harness . (won't work-I've got the one year only harness in my truck) It was $100.00 for 2 Injector Plugs and the Air Temp plug .

This Bronco lays my old Blazer to waste in every way ,ride,mileage and the Mule Like towing . But like a typical older Ford it's been getting Wiring Gremlins before the the Tree Rats' got a hold of it . It's had a new Tranny ,and I'm on the 4th battery in 3.5 years of owning it (we live down a Cattle Track Road) . I've busted 3 batteries since we moved to Missouri.

I got the hood off last night and will start to break the engine loose tonight .

I've never done one of these Computerized beasts (mostly restore Classic Cars) .So this looks like it'll be a chore . Is there a way to leave the A/C lines connected and still get the engine out ? Getting to the bell housing bolts looks like a Fiasco as well .

Does anyone have any tips for me on pulling this engine ?

Thanks ,

Steve

These pics are coming into our property thru the second wet weather creek on our road

DSCF0063.JPG

DSCF0064.JPG

DSCF0065.JPG

DSCF0067.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Hey, nice wheelin' pics!!! Welcome to Bronco Zone, too. There's a website called www.fordfuelinjection.com that might help you with the wiring harness replacement, and some good tech links in the How-To articles forum. You can easily access the trans bellhousing-motor bolts through the floorpan from inside, where the manual shift lever goes or on top of the trans ****. If the panel has never been removed, it will be glued down and a bear to get out, but it beats trying to wrench those engine bolts from the sides, even with the front clip removed. Good luck, JSM84

OP
OP
Ozark Hauler

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
Hey thanks , greatly appreciated ! I like this Bronco , I've put 30k+ in 3 years . It's hauled some unbelieveable loads . We live in a short valley here in the Ozarks , 1 mile to pavement in one direction 4.5 in the other . It hauled a Skid Steer Bobcat/Bucket/hydraulic auger head and augers on an 18' equipment trailer up a real steep 1/2 mile grade with switch backs and never spun a tire . I was real impressed !I haven't got the new harness pig tails yet . But I figure the easiest way is to unhook the harness(s) and bring them out still on the engine . I "dropped" #5 cylinder in Dec . I was heading for O.K. City to pick up a 71 Buick w/455-400 the next morning . It was just starting it's downhill spiral . I got there and the 455 was in a 71' Riviera . Due to the size of the load we backed the Riv. onto my 16' trailer (literally squeezed it on) tied it down and took off for home . That was a WILD RIDE, too much weight on the trailer to begin with and all of it at the far end . I took I-40 and would be coming down a grade and the trailer would start swaying . All I could do was drop out of O/D and hold on :blink:

A 900 mile and 14 hours"Texas Turnaround" and alot of new grey hairs later I made it . Even on 7 1/2 cylinders it hauled great and actually got decent mileage . I wish I had had this truck when we lived in Northern Nevada . We did alot of 4x'ing there going to ghost towns and rock hunting .

This is the picture I was looking to post . It was taken last May after one of many rain storms .

Steve

MAY_06_PICS_001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula