Fire exstinguisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burns

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good way to mount a fire exstinguisher. Currently, I have a somewhat large "garage" style my dad gave me when I got my truck, rated a-b-c, and it's just kinda lying behind the passanger seat. I want to mount it to the trans tunnel, but I can't find any sort of mounting clamp or the like. And I'm also looking for something a little smaller, and if at all possible, more than a one time use. I'd rather not have to use it, but better safe than sorry, and more than once I've come across a still-burning bon-fire in the woods from some jackasses who were having a party and promply up and left (possibly due to me roaring around the area :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

So, in short, what kind do you keep and where do you keep it so it doesn't smack you in the head offroad?

Also, something I read about fire exstinguishers in Peterson's 4wheel - "It's always a good idea to bonk your fire exstinguisher against something hard, like a tree or your truck, to loosen up the dry stuff inside. As much as it may bounce around offroad, a few good smacks will make sure it's read to fire."

shift1313

Reaction score
um, i dont think you are going to find anything thats more than a one time use. each time they are discharge they need to be refiled/repressurized. You can get water ones that you can fill yourself and pressurize with a tire compressor.

I work in transportation research and we have small extinguishers in every one of our research vehicles(about 40-50). We use the small 2lb units that are under $20 a piece and come with a bracket. I have a slightly larger one mounted on the wall in my garage.

as far as brackets go you can see if any of these will work.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/produ...re+Extinguisher

Just as a note the small 2lb ones might fit under one of the seats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948