Fabrication Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Let’s start a fabrication thread. Let’s show off the great ideas everyone has created for their rigs. Have made a lot of stuff over the years light brackets, bumpers, steps, roll bars, cages, floor pans, sliders, and the list goes on. Two of my favorite machines in the shop are my welders. A Hobart 210 MVP Mig welder loaded with a spool of T71-T11 flux core. Great welder. The Lincoln is the time tested tried and true AC/DC 225/125 Welder this machine is an awesome asset to any shop. So let’s see what our creative minds have made.

990DE4DB-93F3-4C23-8C0D-2C043A74BB70.jpeg

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Grabbed a pic last night. Not placed as neatly as yours. LOL

Miller Cricket, has to be 30 years old. Still an awesome welder. Used it so much I cannot believe I haven't burnt it up. Only welds up to 5/16" But I usually only run .023 wire so I don't weld anything that thick with it. I may tack projects together on larger material but the stick welder comes out for the actual welding.

Old school Forney stick welder. Looked pretty much just like that when I bought it. Like 25 years ago with the High socket burnt out.

My tiny little torch in the lower RH of the picture. I have disciplined myself to not get a cutting head for it. Goes through oxy way to fast. I will use it to heat stuff up, but mostly for welding, brazing, silver solder stuff.
Between sawzall, cutoff wheels, grinders, air hammer. Never relied on the torch much.
I also have a friend that owns a welding shop with a plasma table so fancy projects needing decent cuts went to him.

I can convert the miller for aluminum or Stainless but again I have a friend with a welding shop. LOL I do it at his place, use his tig all the time too. He also has a few lathes, tubing bender and everything else a normal guy could want. Handy guy to have as a friend.

Have a drill press at work. That is one thing I need to have at home someday when I retire from here.

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_173316262.jpg
    IMG_20220615_173316262.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 1

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Grabbed a pic last night. Not placed as neatly as yours. LOL

Miller Cricket, has to be 30 years old. Still an awesome welder. Used it so much I cannot believe I haven't burnt it up. Only welds up to 5/16" But I usually only run .023 wire so I don't weld anything that thick with it. I may tack projects together on larger material but the stick welder comes out for the actual welding.

Old school Forney stick welder. Looked pretty much just like that when I bought it. Like 25 years ago with the High socket burnt out.

My tiny little torch in the lower RH of the picture. I have disciplined myself to not get a cutting head for it. Goes through oxy way to fast. I will use it to heat stuff up, but mostly for welding, brazing, silver solder stuff.
Between sawzall, cutoff wheels, grinders, air hammer. Never relied on the torch much.
I also have a friend that owns a welding shop with a plasma table so fancy projects needing decent cuts went to him.

I can convert the miller for aluminum or Stainless but again I have a friend with a welding shop. LOL I do it at his place, use his tig all the time too. He also has a few lathes, tubing bender and everything else a normal guy could want. Handy guy to have as a friend.

Have a drill press at work. That is one thing I need to have at home someday when I retire from here.
That is awesome! I learned on the exact same Forney as a kid. (I still have it.)
Funny, it has the same socket burnt off.
Must have been an issue with them.
Very cool Tiha.
Cheers

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That is awesome! I learned on the exact same Forney as a kid. (I still have it.)
Funny, it has the same socket burnt off.
Must have been an issue with them.
Very cool Tiha.
Cheers
I grew up on a farm and we were rich because we had a torch. LOL

Otherwise using that highest setting was the only way to "cut" or rather melt metal. So yeah pretty common to see those burnt out. We often did this at the construction company I worked for because we would be in the middle of no where trying to pull a rear end, or drop and transmission and torch was always out of oxygen, but the welder fired up. LOL